Galaxy S II HD Lte, is this the nexus/prime?

geeksbsmrt

Don't call me a nerd
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Why not? Specs match the rumored prime. The only difference in the US would be lack of the buttons at the bottom. We have seen that before, they replaced the physical with 2 capacitive. I'm going to go with this is the international version of what MAY become the US Prime.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If anything it tells us the rumored specs are plausible (although I'm curious what specific dual core processor they are using in this one).

As far as look goes, I'm expecting it to look different. All rumor accounts so far have it looking more like the Nexus S than anything else.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If anything it tells us the rumored specs are plausible (although I'm curious what specific dual core processor they are using in this one).

As far as look goes, I'm expecting it to look different. All rumor accounts so far have it looking more like the Nexus S than anything else.

The only "Nexus S"-like rumor that I've heard is that it will have the same curved glass as the Nexus S. Not sure you can tell that from straight-on images. What other rumors are there that it will be like the Nexus S?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Call me strange but samoled is good enough give me the phone in the low res version to save battery and more performance.:D

If you're strange, then so am I. I went to the Sprint store this past weekend to check out the Epic 4G Touch. The SAMOLED+ display was just amazing to me. And I would love that display on my next device. Increasing the resolution, but falling back to a Pentile matrix, has me a little worried although I'd have to see it first to see how it compares. But, the bar set by the SAMOLED+ on the GSII is very high and I'd be more than happy with that.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S II HD, will almost for sure be the Verizon phone coming in November, big difference being, Android 2.4 "Ice Cream" and no hardware buttons, plus will have the shape of the Nexus-S and T-Mobile Galaxy S2 with rounded corners.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The only "Nexus S"-like rumor that I've heard is that it will have the same curved glass as the Nexus S. Not sure you can tell that from straight-on images. What other rumors are there that it will be like the Nexus S?

I don't remember where I read it but I distinctly remember some sources indicating that it looks like a bigger version of the Nexus S. Of course, taking any rumor at face value would be unwise.

I personally prefer the look of the GSII over the curvy Nexus S. I guess it shouldn't be long before we find out how the "Samsung Super Nexus Droid Prime Epic HD Touch 4g LTE w/ Google™" will look like.

Reactions: DolfanCole

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember where I read it but I distinctly remember some sources indicating that it looks like a bigger version of the Nexus S. Of course, taking any rumor at face value would be unwise.

Gotcha. I just hadn't seen anything other than the curved glass.

I personally prefer the look of the GSII over the curvy Nexus S. I guess it shouldn't be long before we find out how the "Samsung Super Nexus Droid Prime Epic HD Touch 4g LTE w/ Google?" will look like.

I went by the Sprint store this past weekend, and the E4GT was very impressive. If I was on Sprint, I'd be sporting a new device right now. If whatever Verizon gets is similar to that, I'll be quite happy. I like pretty much everything about that device.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I for one just want a picture of the hardware to leak. We've seen the Droid RAZR, we've seen the Vigor, we've seen the new LG...come on Samsung! Let one out into the wild so at least we can get some blurrycam action!

Greatbape

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
To the people saying the would prefer Super Amoled +. HD Amoled is +. They dropped the + because it's not really needed anymore. Go check out the galaxy note reviews.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
To the people saying the would prefer Super Amoled +. HD Amoled is +. They dropped the + because it's not really needed anymore. Go check out the galaxy note reviews.
Those folks are saying they want the SAMOLED + because there is no Pentile with the SGS2 displays, and the SAMOLED HD is rumored to have a Pentile matrix (which is disliked wildly by some, but is also a bit polarizing regarding just how noticeable it is in every day use - not everyone believes it's a big deal). With a HD screen it may be even less noticeable if at all. We will see.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If (for instance) the Bionic was $199 then i would say the screen is acceptable. But at $299 it's unforgivable.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

rrhartjr

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Those folks are saying they want the SAMOLED + because there is no Pentile with the SGS2 displays, and the SAMOLED HD is rumored to have a Pentile matrix (which is disliked wildly by some, but is also a bit polarizing regarding just how noticeable it is in every day use - not everyone believes it's a big deal). With a HD screen it may be even less noticeable if at all. We will see.

It comes down to pixel density. Even at 4.3" qHD, the pixel density isnt high enough to hide the subpixel alignment, low 200s for the Motorola qHDs.

At 4.3" 720p, the density rises to low 300s, as it will be for the SAMOLED HD.. that's Retina Display territory and any subpixel issues should be a nonfactor.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It comes down to pixel density. Even at 4.3" qHD, the pixel density isnt high enough to hide the subpixel alignment, low 200s for the Motorola qHDs.

At 4.3" 720p, the density rises to low 300s, as it will be for the SAMOLED HD.. that's Retina Display territory and any subpixel issues should be a nonfactor.

It technically is a 'Rentina Display'. The idea behind that is you reach a certain density where the human eye can not see any pixels -- which is anything 300ppi+. And regardless of the pentile arrangement, at such a high density, it might become unnoticeable (like you stated).