10-08-2011 11:11 PM
136 ... 456
tools
    geez im excited. This is how i felt when the Thunderbolt was announced. And that scares me. lol
    soccerfon711 likes this.
    10-05-2011 11:28 PM
    I just found a different take on the teaser video. Samsung Nexus Prime To Mark Ice Cream Sandwich Debut - - Mobile OS - Informationweek According to this link, the author believes that the teaser video shows two seperate devices. Looking at it before hearing this I never saw two seperate devices, but if you look closely you can actually see what appears to be the phone on the bottom with a second device behind it and on top. Not sure what to think now. Is this actually a combo tablet/phone release?
    That tablet/phone combo actually came to me earlier today (been thinking about the Nexus all day) and I was like damn that would make sense. After all ICS is bringing tablets and phones together. Makes sense to launch both together too.
    10-06-2011 12:25 AM
    Bear with me here... i just got this idea and got really excited:

In the promo Samsung video, if you take a still picture and turn the gain all the way up you can definitely see another solid surface that extends beyond the Nexus phone.

A curved tablet?? Maybe.... but what if it's not a "tablet" but actually a flexible screen that just attaches to the Nexus to provide an even bigger viewing area. Samsung demoed amazing looking flexible screens at CES

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJEHp15Hoo0[/yt]

The screen needs other electronics which are not flexible themselves... but what if all those electronics were housed in the Nexus.. and there was a simple interface (3 connector dots?) which attach the flexible screen to the phone.

This kind of mobile experience would reshape not only the phone market.. but the very young tablet market also.
    10-06-2011 03:36 PM
    ....but what if it's not a "tablet" but actually a flexible screen that just attaches to the Nexus to provide an even bigger viewing area.
    Interesting idea and could be part of the "Goes with" ad. Would be a game changer of sorts and make people forget about the 4S.
    10-06-2011 03:47 PM
    Bear with me here... i just got this idea and got really excited:

In the promo Samsung video, if you take a still picture and turn the gain all the way up you can definitely see another solid surface that extends beyond the Nexus phone.

A curved tablet?? Maybe.... but what if it's not a "tablet" but actually a flexible screen that just attaches to the Nexus to provide an even bigger viewing area. Samsung demoed amazing looking flexible screens at CES
    The screen needs other electronics which are not flexible themselves... but what if all those electronics were housed in the Nexus.. and there was a simple interface (3 connector dots?) which attach the flexible screen to the phone.

This kind of mobile experience would reshape not only the phone market.. but the very young tablet market also.
    I hope you're right. That would be amazing. That video from CES is very impressive. I hadn't seen that before.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    10-06-2011 03:49 PM
    I don't really like the software buttons. Hope Google will allow companies to choose virtual buttons or hardware buttons based on screen size. On a Nexus S that would make the screen feel to small.
    10-07-2011 01:22 PM

Those who can't wait ^ I guess it's the prime aye?
    10-08-2011 04:40 PM

Those who can't wait ^ I guess it's the prime aye?
    that video is old and is most probably a fake.
    10-08-2011 05:09 PM
    the video just came out and is likely not a fake
    10-08-2011 05:27 PM
    If that's fake, they put in some serious work just to fool us. They made a phone and completely revamp Android and everything then.
    10-08-2011 05:41 PM
    If that's fake, they put in some serious work just to fool us. They made a phone and completely revamp Android and everything then.
    Maybe they'll release the fake rom and call it ICS. . .
    10-08-2011 11:11 PM
136 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD