Nexus Prime video teaser (and picture)!

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how that would work or if it would sell well. It certainy would be innovative. It does kind of make sense given the metaphors in that ad though...

cookies + milk

Coffee + newspaper

Planner + pen

Wine + Candles

Phone + Tablet . . . ?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm not buying that the extended parts are a tablet. People are starting to see things that aren't there. That's just an extension of the blue line with shadow.

+1

come on...what's an ad without some graphics? saying that's a tablet is a bit obsessive.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: nexes prime pic!!!

maybe the prime uses a magnetic connector instead of micro usb? lol or maybe it's for NFC. or maybe it's for a dock. or maybe they should release it so i can find out already!!

I said this before i even knew about the 3 pins on the nexus. This makes me awesome because i called it. WORSHIP ME!!!!! lol

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
A tablet dock? Cool yes, but would i buy it? no. What's the point? All it would add is a bigger screen. Other than that, it sounds unnecessary.

Ferris.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how that would work or if it would sell well. It certainy would be innovative. It does kind of make sense given the metaphors in that ad though...

cookies + milk

Coffee + newspaper

Planner + pen

Wine + Candles

Phone + Tablet . . . ?

Google + Samsung is what I took from it.

Reactions: wyseguy77

abhinayp#WP

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

cookies + milk

Coffee + newspaper

Planner + pen

Wine + Candles

Phone + Tablet . . . ?

i think its rather ICS + Samsung

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

cookies + milk

Coffee + newspaper

Planner + pen

Wine + Candles

Phone + Tablet . . . ?

They should have shown some ice cream, some chocolate graham crackers, then an Ice Cream Sandwich! Come on Samsung!!!

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site

cookies + milk

Coffee + newspaper

Planner + pen

Wine + Candles

Phone + Tablet . . . ?

Not sure if it has been pointed out but October 11th happens to be a Full Moon as well, so things like this just might happen ;)

yazadd

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: nexes prime pic!!!

Thats not an hp jack and a port, thats the power button, its in the same place it always is for Samsung phones. the right hand side at the top, which leads me to believe that the Nexus Prime has a chin like the Galaxy s and Galaxy S II (that thing on the left that everyone thinks is a camera), a little later in the video on the right there is another hump, I think that is going to be the camera. But I could be wrong, this is just what I see when I look at the picture because if it was the camera:
a) The camera would be on the bottom of the phone = stupid
OR
b) The power button is on the left side at the bottom = stupid

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Thats not an hp jack and a port, thats the power button, its in the same place it always is for Samsung phones. the right hand side at the top, which leads me to believe that the Nexus Prime has a chin like the Galaxy s and Galaxy S II (that thing on the left that everyone thinks is a camera), a little later in the video on the right there is another hump, I think that is going to be the camera. But I could be wrong, this is just what I see when I look at the picture because if it was the camera:
a) The camera would be on the bottom of the phone = stupid
OR
b) The power button is on the left side at the bottom = stupid

Dude read the entire thread, it's already been pointed out!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

BigVDawgy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just messing around I took the following picture someone else created and scaled it to what I believe is the real size of the phone using the power button in the picture as a reference against the power button on my Nexus S. Sizing the picture to 2.83" x 5.83" gives what I believe to be the real size of the phone.
CS07L.jpg

If my guesstimates are correct, the phone will be about 5" long or about 1/4" longer than the Nexus S (holding the Nexus S against the picture for comparison) and the screen contour is considerably more pronounced on the Nexus Prime compared to the Nexus S.

BigVDawgy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
how thin in the thinnest area of the phone by your estimates?

At it's thinnest it's looking to be around a 1/4" (0.25") thick. An iPhone 4 is 0.37" thick.

EDIT: It's a little tough to measure the thickest part of the phone (the chin) because of the curve, but I'd place it right about 3/8" (0.37")

Reactions: yankdez

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I am very excited for this phone. While I'm not going to say how great it WILL be, I will say how great it CAN be. This phone will be in my hands on day 1. I've always wanted a Nexus phone, and now that we have one coming to Verizon I couldn't be happier. I need to scale back my excitement until I see it... But let's just say someone has the day off on Oct 11th and will be streaming Unpacked 2011 at 2:30 ET

pacey102602

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I just found a different take on the teaser video. Samsung Nexus Prime To Mark Ice Cream Sandwich Debut - - Mobile OS - Informationweek According to this link, the author believes that the teaser video shows two seperate devices. Looking at it before hearing this I never saw two seperate devices, but if you look closely you can actually see what appears to be the phone on the bottom with a second device behind it and on top. Not sure what to think now. Is this actually a combo tablet/phone release?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch