Costco?

kerrigjl

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone in the costco loop know if this phone will be carried? At present, I have the Bionic, but I'm not liking the bugginess overall... considering a jump.

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone in the costco loop know if this phone will be carried? At present, I have the Bionic, but I'm not liking the bugginess overall... considering a jump.

Exact same position. Bionic is solid but im getting annoyed with the battery and data connection but with costcos exchange policy im hoping they get the nexus. Would love to hear info on costco

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Ditto here. Bought the bionic at Costco and took it back in the 14d return window. I would love to try this phone if they have it...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So far, I haven't heard anything about Costco. If it goes VZW exclusive at first, which is what many rumors are pointing to, I wouldn't be surprised if Costco got its hands on some. But at this point, everything is speculation. Stay tuned.

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So far, I haven't heard anything about Costco. If it goes VZW exclusive at first, which is what many rumors are pointing to, I wouldn't be surprised if Costco got its hands on some. But at this point, everything is speculation. Stay tuned.

Shortages at Costco seem to be an issue. ugh

jball8276

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I know some people that work for the cell phone company that operates in Costco, they said there is no reason to believe that they wouldnt be getting it. Costco will get most all the Verizon phones on their release day. Almost never get ATT or TMO on time, usually a couple weeks later. Just fyi...

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Shortages at Costco seem to be an issue. ugh

Right! Like shipping 6 Bionics to each store and then nothing for a week. I HATE the process they have of "first come, first served" yet if you are friendly with the associate they will hold one for you or create a little unofficial waitlist or whatever else nonsense I heard when I bought the Bionic.

Blech! Much rather buy it on line with one click and have it overnighted to me through Verizon...

If only there was a better return/upgrade policy at Verizon too...

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Right! Like shipping 6 Bionics to each store and then nothing for a week. I HATE the process they have of "first come, first served" yet if you are friendly with the associate they will hold one for you or create a little unofficial waitlist or whatever else nonsense I heard when I bought the Bionic.

Blech! Much rather buy it on line with one click and have it overnighted to me through Verizon...

If only there was a better return/upgrade policy at Verizon too...

Completely agree. It is nice that we have a 90 day window for exchanges tho. I guess we just need to be patient and see when they get it in stock. And come up with reasons we don't want to keep the Bionic.

DatkidPudge

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha. The only cons to the Bionic for me are dreadful battery life little bugs and thickness. Lol other then that its a solidddd ass device

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I dropped the Bionic like a bad habit at day 14. Yeah, it was the battery. I did hate to loose all those extra chargers, docks and battery though.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Each of the smartphones that are 4G LTE have poor battery life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Agreed, but some are having a tougher time of it. I am really hoping that a combination of new hardware and ICS help. I just want a full day with LTE on. Maybe LTE could be setup like brightness and set to "auto"

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, but some are having a tougher time of it. I am really hoping that a combination of new hardware and ICS help. I just want a full day with LTE on. Maybe LTE could be setup like brightness and set to "auto"

Until battery technology is brought up to the current generation of device demand, we will not be seeing that, at least in my opinion. The reason we are able to get that type of time on things like our tablets is because of the size of the battery used in devices like those.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Until battery technology is brought up to the current generation of device demand, we will not be seeing that, at least in my opinion. The reason we are able to get that type of time on things like our tablets is because of the size of the battery used in devices like those.

I think that phones need to work with the battery technology we have now. I am getting the Nexus and if has the same battery life as the Bionic then it goes back too, or I lower my requirements. Until release, who knows but til then I can hope.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think that phones need to work with the battery technology we have now. I am getting the Nexus and if has the same battery life as the Bionic then it goes back too, or I lower my requirements. Until release, who knows but til then I can hope.

They can only do so much. If you take into consideration that a battery for a laptop computer will only last several hours at best when you are using that computer, why would it be any different for a smartphone which for all intentional purposes is a little computer?

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Returned that Bionic garbage after waiting months for it hope Costco has a great deal!Did costco charge you guys full tax or just retail tax?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty