Postponed

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
i dont wanna be morbid. but
Steve was a CEO, not a god.

He was a visionary and reshape everything about technology. Yes, he's not a god, but he's not just a CEO either. He's made an amazing impact on our world as people like Henry Ford or Albert Einstein had.

With that said, today was such a huge tease. To be shown such a great leak, to only find we have to wait longer.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
He was a visionary and reshape everything about technology. Yes, he's not a god, but he's not just a CEO either. He's made an amazing impact on our world as people like Henry Ford or Albert Einstein had.

With that said, today was such a huge tease. To be shown such a great leak, to only find we have to wait longer.

+1 about Mr. Jobs.

As far as the waiting longer, I wouldn't worry too much. The announcement got delayed, not the actual hardware release. I'd be WAY more upset if the product release got pushed back.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Looking where exactly? The 4S? It was only a few days ago that people were saying that the disappointing specs of the 4S would push people to android.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

The 4S is a strong possibility for some people to get their next phone. The 4S' specs aren't really too far behind the leaked specs for the Prime. The Prime has a larger screen (But fewer DPI) and 200 mhz more processing speed. The 4S has the better camera.

The HTC Vigor is another option. The leaked specs of the Vigor are superior to the leaked specs of the Prime. And the Vigor will likely debut first. The Prime will have the software advantage, however.

For those not currently with Verizon who were considering a switch for the Prime, they may just decide to purchase a Galaxy S II instead. The specs of the Galaxy S II are very close to the leaked specs of the Prime (Although the Prime will will have the better screen).

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
i dont wanna be morbid. but
Steve was a CEO, not a god.

He was a pretty big deal. Kind of like a michael Jackson of the tech world. His death impacts alot of us. Because his ideas like iPhones and iPads are what started the market. Apple fanboy or android, it's pretty hard not to feel sad.

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
They made the announcement before Jobs passed away. Why would the delay the phone's release?

Even though apple lost Steve, they didnt stop their plans to release the phone... I have a lot of respect for google for doing this, but they didnt have to stop what they were doing because of it.

to answer your question, Apple could have delayed the phones release for the same reason, but they didnt..

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Ah bummer....pretty weak news to wake up to. A part of me understands, but the other part is thinking that Steve Jobs wouldn't want anyone to delay anything on the account of him. I say celebrate him with new innovations and advancements in technology. It's also business and the tech world needs to keep moving forward. You can mourn a life or celebrate a life and you can do that all while conducting business as usual.

Google/Samsung are trying to stay classy and from a PR/Marketing perspective they are doing the right thing. I'm sure they will give it at least a week before doing the announcement. Shame too because, I was fully available on Tuesday to watch the events unfold.

It's just a waiting game now. Something I've gotten pretty good at playing. I still own the OG Droid....I can wait just a bit longer for whatever announcement or product comes out soon. Emphasis on the word "soon."

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Even though apple lost Steve, they didnt stop their plans to release the phone... I have a lot of respect for google for doing this, but they didnt have to stop what they were doing because of it.

to answer your question, Apple could have delayed the phones release for the same reason, but they didnt..

There's a huge difference between a phone release and a product announcement. It's not good to have a media event the same time a technology legend is having a memorial. I can't believe I even have to explain this.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
+1 about Mr. Jobs.

As far as the waiting longer, I wouldn't worry too much. The announcement got delayed, not the actual hardware release. I'd be WAY more upset if the product release got pushed back.

^ this

Just less time between announcement and release now. Probably better for some people since it is harder to wait if you know what you're missing.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
dunno if this has been mentioned, but this came from engadget's updated article:
A Samsung spokesperson issued a follow up statement to CNET, confirming speculation that the reveal was postponed out of respect, following the passing of Steve Jobs. "We believe this is not the right time to announce a new product as the world expresses tribute to Steve Jobs's passing," the spokesperson explained.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Although it isn't the true motive behind the delay, Android is getting brownie points in the eyes of the public. Things are looking better each day for Android...

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I bet Samsung couldn't care less about the announcement, it was probably all Google's idea to postpone it. They're soft.

Sent from my Samsung Prime Test Unit

gobigred303

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
+1 about Mr. Jobs.

Wait. So you're saying you're happy he died now as opposed to at the end of October? :eek:

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I bet Samsung couldn't care less about the announcement, it was probably all Google's idea to postpone it. They're soft.

Sent from my Samsung Prime Test Unit

Think it's probably better to err on the side of caution when you're making PR decisions that coincide with (albeit indirectly) the passing of life. However I'm heartless and wish they would have done it anyways...

StuMcBill

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was the funeral is going to be around that time and that many Google employees (keynote speakers?) will be attending?

Either way, its happened, they are doing it out of respect and we should respect their decision!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress