Postponed

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I feel like being random and chiming in by saying that this is really not a big deal. Sure, I was excited for the 11th, but the phone's release wasn't delayed, just its announcement, so I really couldn't care less. Yes, I really want to see ICS and this phone demonstrated, but I think we can all survive a week or two more to see it all being shown off.

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I say just go by what they say. It is a nice, and classy gesture, and no need to look into any other motives.

:)

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I feel like being random and chiming in by saying that this is really not a big deal. Sure, I was excited for the 11th, but the phone's release wasn't delayed, just its announcement, so I really couldn't care less. Yes, I really want to see ICS and this phone demonstrated, but I think we can all survive a week or two more to see it all being shown off.

Agreed. The reason for the cancellation of the event is known to not be the cause that may affect the release date.

It's not that big of a deal people. It doesn't mean that we don't get to play with the devices any later. It only means that we won't get to dream about it earlier.

sblantipodi

Banned
Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. The reason for the cancellation of the event is known to not be the cause that may affect the release date.

It's not that big of a deal people. It doesn't mean that we don't get to play with the devices any later. It only means that we won't get to dream about it earlier.

I hope that you are right, I want to have the phone for christmas. :)

sblantipodi

Banned
Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
This may be posted by someone to whom English is not their primary language. You are welcome for the translation, in the future please at least attempt to be a little less arrogant.

I'm glad to see people who talk like this.
I would like to learn good english but I need to work and I haven't too much time to improve, I know that my english isn't that good but talking on forums is a good way to improve.
Sometimes people understand me and I always invite who don't understand me to skip my posts :)

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
If Google and Samsung were to do the announcement this week, they would not get nearly the media coverage they were hoping for. If you are a mainstream media source, and you're going to do one "tech" story this week, it will certainly be Steve Jobs/Apple-related. Not a good time to try to make a big splash.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I believe them that they postponed for the reason stated, but I bet we do not have all the details.

So many people have called this phone the one that could finally be considered an "iPhone killer". With the date of this launch so close to Halloween I bet that their marketing effort included skeletons, gravestones, "RIP iPhone", etc type of graphics.

How would that look one week after the death of Jobs? Horrible, that's how.... No thought about canceling, it had to be....

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If Google and Samsung were to do the announcement this week, they would not get nearly the media coverage they were hoping for. If you are a mainstream media source, and you're going to do one "tech" story this week, it will certainly be Steve Jobs/Apple-related. Not a good time to try to make a big splash.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I don't agree with that thought. There has been more than enough media coverage on SJ last week. The media is now focusing on iP4S, not on SJ. If Google and Samsung want to make the Prime a direct competition to iP4S, 10/11 is a perfect date of announcing it. By cancelling the announcement, Google and Samsung lost potential buyers to iP4S.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree with this.

The only people they lost were Verizon users desperate to buy a phone. Most of the people buying the 4GS are iPhone users. The Nexus Prime won't hit shelves for at least 3 weeks. There isn't going to be much migration from iPhone to Nexus.

sblantipodi

Banned
Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The only people they lost were Verizon users desperate to buy a phone. Most of the people buying the 4GS are iPhone users. The Nexus Prime won't hit shelves for at least 3 weeks. There isn't going to be much migration from iPhone to Nexus.

surely the delay will not help google to get some iphoners.
iphoners are disappointed (not all but many iphoners are disappointed) and this is the best time to present a new ANTI-iphone phone.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
surely the delay will not help google to get some iphoners.
iphoners are disappointed (not all but many iphoners are disappointed) and this is the best time to present a new ANTI-iphone phone.

The iPhone 4S is better than a 3GS. Most people upgrade their phone every 2 years. The 4S is a much better phone than the 3GS. End of story. I should note in my office every single person (5 people) with a 3GS phone have already reordered the new iPhone. None of them know anything about Android or Nexus.

sblantipodi

Banned
Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
You disagree that the 4S is a much better phone than the 3GS? You disagree that most people upgrade their phone every two years?

I disagree that most people upgrade their phone every two years, proprobably this is true in US,
in europe iphoners complain the fact that a new iphone is launched every 18months, too much waiting for them.

in every european forum that I attend users change phone every 9-12 months.
we have euros ;)

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I disagree that most people upgrade their phone every two years, proprobably this is true in US,
in europe iphoners complain the fact that a new iphone is launched every 18months, too much waiting for them.

in every european forum that I attend users change phone every 9-12 months.
we have euros ;)

Phone forums (US/EURO) would be bad place to measure how quickly people upgrade. Phone zealots don't wait. The overwhelming trend in the US is 20-24 for each phone.

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I could never move to the Apple camp with mobile devices. However, ive been living with an old school Blackberry Curve 8330 for the past 2 months since my switch back to Verizon(only carrier with good service where i live) I'm a Nexus guy through and through but i cant help but think that if the Nexus isnt announced soon, im going to have a rough time ahead, haha. I really dislike Verizons current Android lineup.

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
even in the US, i don't think most people upgrade every 2 yrs. imo, most upgrade when their phone breaks down or they need some new function only available on newer phones. not everyone out there is a tech nerd that thinks 1ghz cpu vs 1.2ghz is major news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa