Verizon holds up release because of Google Wallet?

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sure hope this article ain't true!!!!!!

I highly doubt this given how this new Nexus device is showing up in systems in both Verizon and Best Buy.

I don't think things would have moved so far if there was such a dispute with Google Wallet.

I call BS on this article.

EDIT: I wish I could down vote this thread in to oblivion Reddit style.

Last edited:

NJ Valid#AC

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I don't give that article too much credit. I'm not sure if it was ever disproved but didn't Verizon have an image of the Nexus in their system. We will find out soon though.

nucubs

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Guys, don't even give it a second thought. It's an NFC rumors site and they're the only place to "report" this? And they're saying it's the reason last week's event was canceled. It has since been rescheduled, so it's a moot point, anyways.

Seriously, forget you even read it.

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I agree that it does seem to be kind of late for a Google Wallet dispute to stop the launch of the device.

I think Verizon's users deserve a Nexus device... but I do not think that it should be limited to Verizon only. AT&T/T-Mobile deserve get the GSM version. Sprint deserves to get a version as well given that they've been a partner for Google with the Google Voice Integration and Google Wallet.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Wow, I should just make up crap and post it to the web for ad revenue hits too!
Maybe if they'd posted this before 1) the rescheduling of the announcement and 2) before it showed up in Best Buy and Verizon's systems as a Verizon phone.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Psssh NFC Rumors. Everyone knows the announcement at CITA was cancelled because Google wanted to announce the shutdown of Jaiku first. Duuhhh! :p

Next week I expect Android nerdgasms to reach an all time high.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Well I heard VZW is holding the release up because they don't like the shade of black Samsung picked for the device...they thought it looked too menacing.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't believe it. More BS being flung. Apparently everyone has an insider "close to the matter".

Aciel1

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Actually, where as I don't know if Verizon will end up with the Nexus Prime. I do know that the rumors article is based in truth, wherever they got the information from.

koolbon

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

LOL Even if the Galaxy Nexus shows up on Verizon for an exclusive period?

That's just fine. I don't have to have it on the first day. :) I do know that there is a GSM version coming for certain and even if there was an exclusivity it wouldn't be that long.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

That's just fine. I don't have to have it on the first day. :) I do know that there is a GSM version coming for certain and even if there was an exclusivity it wouldn't be that long.

True, but all it takes is a month or two before phones are no longer top of the line any longer. If it is a Verizon exclusive and you have to wait 2-3 months for it to show up on another carrier, there will probably be a better phone to choose from at that point.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Never underestimate Verizon's ability to screw their customers. I'm cautious until the phone is actually for sale.

I will say this... if Verizon botches this I will leave their network. LTE isn't worth their anti-customer stance.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

One thing I don't understand...Isis is also in bed with AT&T and T-Mobile. So, what, no AT&T or T-Mobile model as well? It's not likely they would back down to Google if Verizon isn't as well.

Last edited:

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

One thing I don't understand...Isis is also in bed with AT&T and T-Mobile. So, what, no AT&T or T-Mobile model as well? It's not likely they would back down to Google if Verizon isn't as well.

This almost seems plausible that Verizon might be holding things up. If you look at the Nexus S, Google Wallet is only avaiable on the Sprint version -- no where in sight for the AT&T and T-Mobile version. Chances are it's because of Isis like you said. Verizon might not be okay with Google Wallet thanks to their deal with Isis. Really though, I expect that this 'feature' might be left out rather than totally canning the device. Google, as powerful as they are, usually gives in to some of the carriers requests. They aren't like Apple.

Last edited: