Galaxy Nexus is official for Verizon

iviustang50h

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps Verizon has agreed to leave it up to Samsung to market the Nexus line. I foresee commercials/adds in which the phone is the focus, not the carrier. Or maybe Verizon will get the exclusive, thus the carrier importance becomes moot since they'll be the only one. Either way, this is excellent news!

daitsuwamono

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
At least it's confirmed. Now I have to choose between this and the HTC Rezound. Out-of-the-box pure-ICS Android experience, with a larger screen and OS updates pushed straight from Google, or a 25% faster CPU with higher-resolution cameras?

Life is hard.

djwyman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I think it is great news...I mean hell this just means no more than 2.5months before these puppies will be here. I am excited...granted I do wish they would give a hard date and its still probably going to be in November because who would not want to release a new phone before Christmas shopping season? I am still hoping for an At&t release soon because they have the best connectivity in my area but Verizon is not far behind them I think though there is not LTE here yet and att does at least have HPSA+ here...eithere way soon my poor ol evo will be replaced with one of these pretty things.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
At least it's confirmed. Now I have to choose between this and the HTC Rezound. Out-of-the-box pure-ICS Android experience, with a larger screen and OS updates pushed straight from Google, or a 25% faster CPU with higher-resolution cameras?

Life is hard.

I think the Rezound is dropping with the black/red color scheme and the red soft keys. I like it, but at the same time I feel like it would be really easy to get sick of.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Works for me. Now we just have to wait on a release date. Still crossing my fingers for the 10th but not holding my breath! :-\

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it does seem pretty ambiguous. I think it's pretty telling that they announced it so nonchalantly. But you know what, I don't care if they don't care about it; as long as I get my phone!

This is what they do for all non Droid phones though. I mean they did it for the Rhyme and I'm sure they probably won't make a big to do about the Rezound either because as of right now it's not a Droid.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
As I said before, I don't think Verizon is going to exactly roll out the red carpet for such a device.

We may get a press release and a few mentions here and there, but that's about it.

No man-on-stilts, no confetti, no fireworks or jet fly-bys.

How does a company like Verizon market a phone such as the Nexus? More importantly, how do you market the Nexus brand? You don't.

"WTF is a Nexus phone?"

That's why "Galaxy" is in the name. Everyone knows what a Samsung Galaxy is.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Panda hasn't backed off the 3rd so that's my first date. I don't see any hiccups with this phone for a few reasons. Verizon has officially announced it, so it will be coming to the carrier. It's stock, meaning we won't have to wait for samsung to lay touchwiz on top and deal with bugs of the ui. And no bloatware meaning VZ won't take time to load that. When the new iPhone was announced. It was released a few weeks later. So i don't think this one will take long. Can't wait to get my hands on the Prime.(CHECK THE SIG)

daitsuwamono

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the Rezound is dropping with the black/red color scheme and the red soft keys. I like it, but at the same time I feel like it would be really easy to get sick of.
I won't buy the Rezound unless there's an all-black version (red soft keys excluded). I can't have an electronic device with any substantial amount of colour or white on it. It has to be some combination of grey and black, or I'm going to flinch every time I look at it. If nothing else, the Galaxy Nexus has an acceptable appearance.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I think the November 3rd date may be the pre-order date. November 10th is the hard launch.

I don't see why "later this year" would refer to a date so soon. I say 12/3... Not sure Verizon has hit even an internal date like that (i.e. Unofficial) Pretty sure they've delayed every major launch the past two years.

I don't think 11/10 is fixed just within 30 days of actual, undermined launch, after all last minute testing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, Verizon will try to delay the launch so the RAZR sales aren't cannibalized. I would expect the GN to be available by mid-December. That way, the Bionic, RAZR, and GN each have 30 days as "king" of Android.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Droid RAZR is going to be a more popular device than this Nexus device.

RAZR has a lot going for it, not to mention the Droid branding. I know of only a handful of people who are aware of this Nexus phone and much more who understand and want this new Droid RAZR. Us tech heads are drooling over this Nexus...while the mass population is wanting this new RAZR. We are the minority here guys.

Yes, I think some time may be given to the RAZR, but we saw a November 10th date for both the RAZR and the Galaxy Nexus. I don't see there being a big deal at all if both phones launched at the same time. If you want the RAZR go get it, same goes for this Nexus.