Now that it's official, What are you doing?

Will you be getting a Galaxy Nexus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
So now that Verizon made our night's sleep a bit easier and officially announced this beauty, what's everyone's plan?

I'm coming from a Venerable Dinc. Aside from it's self-worth issues from being hated on by Phil, it's been a great phone. My only complaint is the (sadly typical) HTC Battery life. I've held off from getting any of the current 4G phones because none of them really impressed me. I'll be getting the nexus on launch day (or the first day I'm off work after launch day)

Why am I excited about it?
-It's a pure google phone
-I'm a geek and NFC makes me happy.
-Ice Cream Sandwich

What about you? Are you going to jump on it, or will you wait to see what the Rezound/RAZR will be like?

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
"Heck Yes" ****but only if I get the 32gb version... since I'm still on a BB-Storm post orig droid death.

Then next year, as soon as a phone launches with a gdamn SD card slot and similar specs I'm jumping to that....

If no 32gb version can be aquired, I'm either holding on to my hated BB storm, or getting the Razor, pending battery life reviews.

djwyman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I am getting it...I am leaving sprint soon and wanting to go to either verizon or at&t...that being said if verizon gets it first then I am going with them (in the same month don't count) if at&t gets it as well I am going with at&t because I can keep free mobile to mobile with them and their network in my location is better at the moment though verizon has been getting better latley though we still do not have lte towers here but do have hpsa+ towers with att. so I am just waiting for a release date in short.

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My OG droid is on it's last legs as well....back button quit working two months ago, used the button app as a workaround, but then the touchscreen started acting possessed

fortunately, i had a squaretrade warranty, and it's working well enough again, i haven't bothered rooting it again knowing that the nexus was right around the corner

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Right now I'm tempted to pick up both the RAZR and the Galaxy Nexus and switch back and forth between the 2 when I feel like it.

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm all over the Galaxy Nexus. I really can't think of anything that will stop me from getting it. Finally another stock Android device to upgrade to from my Droid 1.

Well, the only thing that can stop me from getting it is if a money situation arises... Aside from that, a Nexus phone on Verizon is basically a dream come true for me.

droidbeat

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
No. But in my soul, yes. Perhaps an "occupy Verizon" motif? Maybe we can chant "free Nexy?" For me, this is the emotional thing Matias was going for. Why do I have the sudden urge for an ice cream sandwich?

mblack75

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely getting it. I've been waiting for a nexus device on vzw since the
nexus one came out. And why are at&t customers and the company calling hspa+ 4G.? It's technically only really fast 3g.