10-31-2011 06:27 PM
209 12345 ...
tools
    I've never heard of that. Is ghost armor better than zagg in your opinion?

LOL!!
    Its the same material as Zagg, but doesn't have that grippy feel, or orange peel look at certain angles. Its smooth just like the glass but no greasy feeling like glass sometimes gets from finger oils.

Ghost Armor Cell Phone Skins and Cases, Laptop Wraps & Screen Protectors | Ghost Armor
    pwninobrlan likes this.
    10-25-2011 03:49 PM
    Not according to Corning.

CORNING GORILLA GLASS
    I read something last week (i'm on my phone so I can't pull the link) that the iPhone uses GG, but Corning isn't allowed to market that fact.
    10-25-2011 03:53 PM
    I read something last week (i'm on my phone so I can't pull the link) that the iPhone uses GG, but Corning isn't allowed to market that fact.

That doesn't sound like BS to you?

Corning would be within all legal rights to advertise who uses their products, unless it was some top secret classified information. I don't think iPhone falls under that

Either way, I have some of those too

iphone shattered - Google Search
    10-25-2011 03:57 PM
    Its the same material as Zagg, but doesn't have that grippy feel, or orange peel look at certain angles. Its smooth just like the glass but no greasy feeling like glass sometimes gets from finger oils.

Ghost Armor Cell Phone Skins and Cases, Laptop Wraps & Screen Protectors | Ghost Armor
    Cool, I'll have to try it out.
    10-25-2011 04:00 PM
    Can anyone who was around for the previous Nexus device launches comment on whether it's been like this before? I don't feel like the SGS2 had this much nervousness surrounding the release.

I have to laugh at the defenders, as well though. If someone says they don't want the GN because it doesn't have this feature or that feature, they react as if someone shot their grandmother.
    Do you see all civil debates that way?

Should people who disagree not speak their sides, and just go home?

If only the world worked that way...
    Now you are arguing semantics. You made it sound like that nobody else could do what Corning has. Thats not true. Even if thats not what you meant, thats what your words imply.

Anyway, Samsung reps that speak out on the web rarely have technical details or knowledge, so them saying fortified instead of a brand name is perfectly within the realm of expected.
    No, you had it right. Supposedly Corning is more scratch resistant. While Dragontrail is more shatter resistant. So like I initially said my only concern is the lack gorilla glass for the list of concerns. I feel as if my concern is upsetting you. For that I am sorry...I just want this phone to be durable enough for me...
    Do you see all civil debates that way?

Should people who disagree not speak their sides, and just go home?

If only the world worked that way...
    LOL very true.
    We have doubters that haven't even tested the phone, but are already creating the problem with "Concerns seem to be building" statements haha, straight out of the late night infomercials, except they have no product to market as a solution
    10-25-2011 04:05 PM
    No, you had it right. Supposedly Corning is more scratch resistant. While Dragontrail is more shatter resistant. So like I initially said my only concern is the lack gorilla glass for the list of concerns. I feel as if my concern is upsetting you. For that I am sorry...I just want this phone to be durable enough for me...

I'm not sure what would make you think I am upset. I haven't shown any emotion?
    10-25-2011 04:12 PM
    before I sent in my OG droid to be repaired it had 3 scratches on the screen from normal use...

not from drops or anything catastrophic
    LOL very true.
    We have doubters that haven't even tested the phone, but are already creating the problem with "Concerns seem to be building" statements haha, straight out of the late night infomercials, except they have no product to market as a solution
    And there are fanboys who haven't even tested the phone. And yet they refuse to hear anything even remotely negative about it...Straight out of late night infomercials (whatever that means).
    And there are fanboys who haven't even tested the phone. And yet they refuse to hear anything even remotely negative about it...Straight out of late night infomercials (whatever that means).
    See, you can't really apply that expression to people that are excited about the upcoming product since it's not even out yet. There is no way of creating the problem since you can't test the product...
    But I hear ya.
    10-25-2011 04:17 PM
    I've looked up and down this thread and not seen anything out of place or that seems fanboyish. If anything it became strictly a Gorilla Glass debate. If you do not believe what I said in post 2, I am certain you can verify it through research.

What I do see is a couple people getting upset because there is a debate happening and they don't agree with it, be it one side or another. Might I recommend you guys find another thread if it bothers you so?
    10-25-2011 04:18 PM
    I want the phone because it's the latest Google device and because it's on Verizon's network. I wouldn't let the details like glass or sd card keep me from the big picture. Unfortunately, there will probably never be a phone that has exactly what anyone wants it to have. You just have to weigh the pros and cons of each new device, and if it's too far from what you need it to be, get a different one.
    qnet and Jeff43 like this.
    Corning would be within all legal rights to advertise who uses their products, unless it was some top secret classified information. I don't think iPhone falls under that
    Apple is notoriously secretive about what they use. If they asked Corning not to market it that would be very easy. It would also be in Corning's best interest to honor the agreement.
    You guys, let's face it. Concern is growing. Samsung and Google just need to flat out cancel this device. It's dead on arrival.
    You're absolutely right. This device is a train wreck. Its obviously a joke and the real Nexus Prime is on its way.

Concern is good! All of those who dont want this because it doesnt make them breakfast means there will be more for us who still want it on launch day!
    Utopia is only a rumored device away.
    dsignori likes this.
    10-25-2011 04:20 PM
    I've looked up and down this thread and not seen anything out of place or that seems fanboyish. If anything it became strictly a Gorilla Glass debate. If you do not believe what I said in post 2, I am certain you can verify it through research.

What I do see is a couple people getting upset because there is a debate happening and they don't agree with it, be it one side or another. Might I recommend you guys find another thread if it bothers you so?
    Amen to that!
    10-25-2011 04:25 PM
    Apple is notoriously secretive about what they use. If they asked Corning not to market it that would be very easy. It would also be in Corning's best interest to honor the agreement.
    I don't see any benefit to that. Here is why

• Gorilla Glass branding gives people that warm, fuzzy feeling. It only enhances the iPhone name.
    • Who else would they use? Seriously? Corning doesn't have to bow to Apple.
    10-25-2011 04:25 PM
    pwnd em
    10-25-2011 04:30 PM
    You're absolutely right. This device is a train wreck. Its obviously a joke and the real Nexus Prime is on its way.

Concern is good! All of those who dont want this because it doesnt make them breakfast means there will be more for us who still want it on launch day!
    Haha watch out!
    10-25-2011 04:30 PM

• Gorilla Glass branding gives people that warm, fuzzy feeling. It only enhances the iPhone name.
    Apple only markets Apple. They're not in the business of promoting other companies. Most people have no idea what Gorilla Glass is and Apple is fine with that.

The idea that Corning would have a problem with that arrangement is laughable. Companies make agreements like that all the time.
    10-25-2011 04:36 PM

CORNING GORILLA GLASS

Corning admits on this page that they don't advertise all products that use Gorilla Glass per requests from certain manufacturers.
    nemov likes this.
    10-25-2011 04:40 PM
    Dragontrail Glass info and video

Do a Google search on Dragontrail glass. There is a lot of info and video demos, some of them comparing it with GGlass. Seems OK to me.
    10-25-2011 04:43 PM

I've read conflicting reports about this. Corning says their self not all the products they supply are advertised on manufacture request. And Apple is pretty good at selling their products on how it benefits the owner not specs (ex. 4470 processor! OK what does that actually mean? Nothing. The phone is fast...period...).

I thought I read that ifixit confirmed it but when I checked ifixit they just say "the glass is reported to be gorilla glass" with no references.

I agree with your post of just get a screen protector as that's what I'm planning on doing now. If I later find out its some super glass then I can always take it off.
    10-25-2011 04:55 PM
    Dragontrail Glass info and video

Do a Google search on Dragontrail glass. There is a lot of info and video demos, some of them comparing it with GGlass. Seems OK to me.
    I've read good things too. However to the best of my knowledge there are no confirmed reports of it being Dragontrail either. Maybe I missed something though...
    10-25-2011 04:57 PM
209 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD