Concerns seem to be building

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't playing anything. just saying until it's announced by the person building the phone it's all rumor. And why exactly was I just banned?

I understand your points. So why the secret when it comes to announcing the storage specs of the phone?

When it comes to phone specs, its hard to rumor anything when a teardown has been performed. So.... ;)

You really think I was the reason you were banned? :D

I've never abused my power or role here, and rarely have time to moderate anyway.

PS--I was banned too. It was a forum snafu.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
When it comes to phone specs, its hard to rumor anything when a teardown has been performed. So.... ;)

I've never abused my power or role here, and rarely have time to moderate anyway.

I was banned too. XD

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

LOL Hey I made a post then got banned, what conclusions would you have come up with?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was worried for a minute, wouldn't be the first time I was banned from a forum for no reason LOL.

LOL!! I thought maybe I was spending too much time on here, looking for some nexus news and, they got tired of me.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how unless you are buying knockoff garbage with sharp edges on it.

I own a Glock 30, and the slide would definately scratch glass (GG or not) if it were banging around against it all day.

Of course I wouldn't put my Xoom in the wrong pocket in the first place, but that's just me....

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I own a Glock 30, and the slide would definately scratch glass (GG or not) if it were banging around against it all day.

Of course I wouldn't put my Xoom in the wrong pocket in the first place, but that's just me....

It won't if the mohs rating is below the glass being used.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the link. The texture of the Zagg product is exactly what would stop me from buying it for this phone.

I hope you like it as much as I do.

You do have to make your own solution though. They give instructions, but its something like warm water in a coffee cup, and 3 drops of dish soap mixed (no bubbles).

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope you like it as much as I do.

You do have to make your own solution though. They give instructions, but its something like warm water in a coffee cup, and 3 drops of dish soap mixed (no bubbles).

I actually like that better, I always ran out of the zagg stuff, especially when I didn't get it right the first time. The orange peal look didn't bother me that much but, if I can get a product of the same quality as the zagg and, not have it, I will.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My experience with GG on the Incredible isn't the best. It has really tiny scratches everywhere. They're small enough that you can't see them when the screen is on or if you aren't looking for them, so it's fine, and I trust Samsung to use a decent fortified glass in the GN. Doubt I'm gonna buy a screen protector for it.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The droid incredible launched as an SAMOLED phone originally (I believe without GG). And then later the screen was replaced with a SLCD (I believe thats the model with GG).

Which do you have?

VIGORSTUD

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My Incredible right now is a newer model and I can basically take grains of sand / a knife / keys / anything to it without any scratches. I have broken one of them by dropping it about 6 feet right onto the side of it. But other than that no complaints here with GG.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
The droid incredible launched as an SAMOLED phone originally (I believe without GG). And then later the screen was replaced with a SLCD (I believe thats the model with GG).

Which do you have?

I have both and they both got scratched up. GG is not what people make it out to be. Actually the majority of my phones have had GG and I can't think of one of them that has not gotten scratched.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone does NOT use GG. It uses a much cheaper and thinner version that's not officially licensed. I don't know why this myth persists.
If you read the other posts you'll realize it's far from a myth. No sense rehashing this again.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you read the other posts you'll realize it's far from a myth. No sense rehashing this again.

What in the world are you talking about? Just because Corning admits that they don't list all of the products that use their glass doesn't prove that the iPhone uses GG. How in the world did you come to that conclusion?

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

Which do you have?

Pretty sure the glass was the same on both, only the internal lcd screen changed.

Anyway, while the AMOLED screen was made by Samsung, it wasn't of the same caliber of even the ones used in the SGS. As far as I know, they only switched due to shortages because Samsung launched their SGS line.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Gorilla Glass, like all hardened mineral glass is inferior and sucks. Until I can have a phone with the same optical quality sapphire that I have on my dress watch, I'm gonna rant.

^looks pretty freaking stupid doesn't it?

I swear to christ Verizon could launch a phone made of solid gold that provided sexual satisfaction and half the people would complain about it. Buy whatever you want. Nobody here has the answers you want to hear -- only you can decide whats best for you.

All I know is every time I hear someone who bought a Vigor or RAZR cry about updates, I'm gonna laugh inside.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla Glass, like all hardened mineral glass is inferior and sucks. Until I can have a phone with the same optical quality sapphire that I have on my dress watch, I'm gonna rant.

^looks pretty freaking stupid doesn't it?

I swear to christ Verizon could launch a phone made of solid gold that provided sexual satisfaction and half the people would complain about it. Buy whatever you want. Nobody here has the answers you want to hear -- only you can decide whats best for you.

All I know is every time I hear someone who bought a Vigor or RAZR cry about updates, I'm gonna laugh inside.

About as freaking stupid as someone being surprised that people have expressed concerns in a thread called "concerns seem to be building"? Lol :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa