p3droid states limited supply at launch

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: p3droid stats limited supply at launch

If there is no pre order and there is a limited supply that could be an issue for me as i hate waiting in line. But every major phone release has had a pre order. So i dont see this as an issue.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Some funny stuff in this thread LOL. I have a feeling that they will have one waiting for me when I get there :)

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Honestly, the number of people who want this phone bad enough to be at Verizon before it opens will be tiny. This is a high level geek phone and there aren't that many of us spread across the country. Every time I've gone to Verizon on the first sales day of any device, I show up one hour before the opening, and I'm all alone. I'm not saying that nobody wants this phone (I'm dying for it), but I bet there are less than 500 of us in this forum.

Reborn58

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I waited in line for the BB Storm when it was released...what a mistake that was.

I hope this turns out to be a much more enjoyable experience...this phone makes me drool.

tonysracing

May 10, 2011
Visit site

I waited in line for the BB Storm when it was released...what a mistake that was.

I hope this turns out to be a much more enjoyable experience...this phone makes me drool.

LOL I think I was in line behind you!! What a disappointment!

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Honestly, the number of people who want this phone bad enough to be at Verizon before it opens will be tiny. This is a high level geek phone and there aren't that many of us spread across the country. Every time I've gone to Verizon on the first sales day of any device, I show up one hour before the opening, and I'm all alone. I'm not saying that nobody wants this phone (I'm dying for it), but I bet there are less than 500 of us in this forum.

I don't know... I thought that would be the case with the Thunderbolt and I was the 5th person in line at the Verizon closest to where I worked at the time and unfortunately it's the same Verizon that's closest to where I work now also (changed jobs in July). The area that this Verizon is located in must have some pretty tech savvy consumers.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

I don't know... I thought that would be the case with the Thunderbolt and I was the 5th person in line at the Verizon closest to where I worked at the time and unfortunately it's the same Verizon that's closest to where I work now also (changed jobs in July). The area that this Verizon is located in must have some pretty tech savvy consumers.

Yeah...Thunderbolt launch was fairly hectic over here. I still walked in and bought one without issue though.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

That's probably true. I think I will just order mine online anyway.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I think you guys are underestimating how popular this phone will be. Yes it might not pull in the family of 5 that walks around the Verizon store for an hour playing with every phone.. but It will launch with the latest version of Android and its Samsung.. a very popular brand.

This phone will get glowing reviews online, even if it fails IMO.. anyone who even looks into phones for a few minutes online before buying will see something about the nexus on every single phone site on the web.. it litterally has a headline story on almost every phone blog thats out and it doesnt even have a release date for the US yet.

This isnt the same ol niche phone that the Nexus One was.. HTC was growing at the time and that phone was actually almost hard to buy.. I wanted to buy one and you couldnt even buy it through t-mobiles site when I tried.. you had to buy it from google direct.. All I know is I would of owned one if it worked on the t-mobile site/plan I was trying to put together (it might of been the add the cost of the phone to the bill thing that became an issue, I honestly dont fully remember.. but it wasnt an option with what I was trying to do).

Samsung phones are popular and this will be the latest and greatest one.. its not like Verizon can tell their employees to hide the thing in the corner.. they want commsion checks and I'm sure they realize telling a possible customer this phone has the latest OS and is the latest phone from Samsung being an easy sell.

Verizon doesnt own Motorola, or HTC.. yea they wont make as much money off the bloatware selling an AOSP phone.. but they want to sell every phone they carry like hotcakes.. every phone they sell is a subscriber..

In the end.. go take a look around online.. someone already mentioned it.. the nexus has 42million hits.. the razr has 1million.. this phone isnt some niche nerd phone that only you guys know about lol.. it will be very popular.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think you guys are underestimating how popular this phone will be

The reason that I think this wont be the uber popular device, is the specs...5 mp camera and 1.2 ghz processor compared to 8 mp and 1.5. Your average Joe/JoAnn doesn't understand what those numbers mean and can't conceive of the lower numbered device being better, and they've probably never even heard the term "bloat." If I were a salesman inside a Verizon store, I could take those 2 numbers (camera and processor speed) and change 99 out of 100 buyers minds that came in thinking about a Nexus. "This phone (the Nexus) only has a 5 mp camera, a slower processor, and doesn't even have some of the basic apps like VZ Navigator, V Cast Music, or Blockbuster!"

Don't hate me for saying that. I think the Nexus will be the best device out and I'm buying one out of contract the day it comes out. I just think that there will plenty to go around.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
And don't forget about the 2 dozen Palm Pre Plus owners who are making the switch to Android. :)

HP's ineptness coupled with former webOS guru, Matias Duarte's inspired ICS has some of us hardcore webOS fans taking notice.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
For all P3Droid has done for android users including PLENTY of AC forum users, I think its disgraceful that we have a Mod here calling him an idiot. What Mod speaks that way about ANY of their users? Unless you meant it in jest but you need to clarify stat, Adrynalyne.

Saying Yes all phones are limited supply at launch is one thing, we all get overzealous sometimes, doesn't mean he was trying to start a panic like some people are saying.

And he NEVER said the G-nex wasn't coming to verizon or started a panic over that... he reported the fact that it wasn't a guarantee yet and Verzion had complaints about the product so it wasn't sure they were going to launch it yet. Then he advised anyone who was concerned to write a calmly worded, respectful email to verizon in the hopes of showing how much demand for the device there was. Its no coincidence that the NEXT DAY they announced it... they got flooded with emails and yeah, sometimes stuff like that will make a company wake up and do something people want.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
For all P3Droid has done for android users including PLENTY of AC forum users, I think its disgraceful that we have a Mod here calling him an idiot. What Mod speaks that way about ANY of their users? Unless you meant it in jest but you need to clarify stat, Adrynalyne.

Saying Yes all phones are limited supply at launch is one thing, we all get overzealous sometimes, doesn't mean he was trying to start a panic like some people are saying.

And he NEVER said the G-nex wasn't coming to verizon or started a panic over that... he reported the fact that it wasn't a guarantee yet and Verzion had complaints about the product so it wasn't sure they were going to launch it yet. Then he advised anyone who was concerned to write a calmly worded, respectful email to verizon in the hopes of showing how much demand for the device there was. Its no coincidence that the NEXT DAY they announced it... they got flooded with emails and yeah, sometimes stuff like that will make a company wake up and do something people want.

I think you can be mature enough to bring it to PM, the same as him.

p3droid has said plenty of hateful things to me and my development team over the last few months, and some would make sailors blush. Either way, I welcome any and all private messages on the matter. All he has to do is talk to me instead of stretching out yet more drama. Do not litter the threads with this.

Thanks!

dougpiston

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

All he is ever done is sell free leaks to users and fear monger. Remember the mass hysteria he started with tethering?

Reactions: bplewis24