p3droid states limited supply at launch

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You're going to really believe what Motorola says when they're announcing a device? After all they are trying to sell the device to you so of course they're going to talk about the battery life being zomg oh so great. I personally didn't watch it because the direction Motorola has taken after the DROID 1 has absolutely disgusted me so I'm not 100% sure they did but that seems to be what you're getting at. After all we are talking about the same Motorola that has been saying they'll unlock bootloaders starting this year and all we have is word that Motorola might unlock the international version (don't hold your breath btw). At least with the Nexus you could buy 2 stock batteries if you don't like having the thicker extended battery. With the crappy Razr you're stuck with the original battery and a locked bootloader. Also, what happens if the battery ends up crapping out on you a year later or so? The device is ruined, seems pretty lame to me.

Moto was willing to unlock the bootloader but vzw declined. Lol per moto of course. And hopefully when their batteries start crapping out they will let you exchange it over the course of the 2 year contract. I doubt it but maybe even a stock data backup/transfer/restore program like bb desktop manager. In case you do have to send it in. All of this along with a gum drop forest of course.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Moto was willing to unlock the bootloader but vzw declined. Lol per moto of course. And hopefully when their batteries start crapping out they will let you exchange it over the course of the 2 year contract. I doubt it but maybe even a stock data backup/transfer/restore program like bb desktop manager. In case you do have to send it in. All of this along with a gum drop forest of course.

Yeah Motorola says that but we've had devices like the OG DROID, Xoom and now Nexus. Not to mention other Samsung devices which are pretty much unlocked. So I have a feeling there's more to it then just Verizon. Yeah hopefully they will do something like that, but I am almost willing to bet you'll only have a one year warranty on the device and then after that it will have to be claimed through insurance. It just really does not make sense to me why somebody would even consider the Razr with the Nexus right around the corner. Sure you might have to wait 2-5 weeks longer but to have stock ICS and all the other options that it brings is a no brainer to me.....

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Motorola says that but we've had devices like the OG DROID, Xoom and now Nexus. Not to mention other Samsung devices which are pretty much unlocked. So I have a feeling there's more to it then just Verizon. Yeah hopefully they will do something like that, but I am almost willing to bet you'll only have a one year warranty on the device and then after that it will have to be claimed through insurance. It just really does not make sense to me why somebody would even consider the Razr with the Nexus right around the corner. Sure you might have to wait 2-5 weeks longer but to have stock ICS and all the other options that it brings is a no brainer to me.....

For people like us, yes. For the general populace, no. Hell, I am willing to bet, most people don't even know what the Nexus is. I do understand what you are saying about the bootloader though. I bet the gum drop forest comes first before an unlocked bootloader. I am wondering if vzw said they would allow an unlocked bootloader as long as moto eats the associated costs that could come with it. And then moto turns it around and blames vzw for the suck, despite the fact that moto is trying to avoid further costs.

mysterx

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
My brother works for a guy who is friends with a gal that knows a person who talked with an employee who once worked for a cell phone company that is releasing the GN. He said that I should share this information on this thread because it is where all the cool people hang out.

Anyway, he said that P3Droid may or may not be correct about limited supplies. In addition, he shared that big red may or may not release the GN in November and the battery life may or may not last more than a few hours of heavy use. And most importantly, he said that all of the other rumors we have heard may or may not be correct. His contact apparently told him that all of our questions will be answered at some point in the future. I know, right...take this information with a grain of salt, because some of it seems a little unbelievable!

Hope this help! ;)

-me

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I cant agree more! No one knows.... you have 30days to return the phone if its not your flavor... quit b!tc%ing about the little things

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Problem with returning devices is the re-stocking fee...some of us are poor and cant just give verizon 35 bucks just because.....

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Problem with returning devices is the re-stocking fee...some of us are poor and cant just give verizon 35 bucks just because.....

I'm tempted to pay the $35 just to annoy Verizon. It would be awesome to see a ton of Razr returns. I'm sure that's why we won't be seeing the Nexus for a few weeks.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

But you can give them $300 for a phone and $80+ every month for service? Sounds like someone's priorities are skewed.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm tempted to pay the $35 just to annoy Verizon. It would be awesome to see a ton of Razr returns. I'm sure that's why we won't be seeing the Nexus for a few weeks.

careful tho.. they only allow you to do 1 restock.. so when you get your nexus and its signal and battery life blow you wont have that option you know..

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Please don't leave me / us hanging. Seriously, I work in the field for a living. I need a phone that can go 10 to 12 hours before it starts begging for a power outlet.

Pandas need their rest.

tiredanimals07.jpg

Reactions: blackmannx#AC

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
But you can give them $300 for a phone and $80+ every month for service? Sounds like someone's priorities are skewed.

I need a phone for work.... 300 dollars justified

Giving Verizon 35 just to have a phone i dont really want for 2 weeks? not justified...

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sarcasm, it's used a lot by those in forums.

Sense of humor, it's something that not a lot of forum members have.

That is why we have threads like this.

Reactions: tx_tuff

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty