Any updates/info from the "The Verge" interview of Matias Duarte?

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
There wasn't any front page threads about this event, but it was occurring today, @ 7pm Eastern Time, and lasting roughly an hour (meaning right about now we should be hearing something, if anything new is revealed.).

From'On The Verge' arrives on Monday, November 14th with Matias Duarte | The Verge
"We'll be sitting down with Matias Duarte, Director of User Experience for Android, for the sort of frank, eye-opening, and thrilling one-on-one conversation and demos you can't get anywhere else. We'll be showing off some incredible new gadgets, there will be crazy giveaways, and we're pretty sure your mind will be blown at least once."

So rather than relying on the rampant rumor mongering being thrown around, I was wondering if anyone had any legitimate information about this event, how it went, and if there was anything new and galaxy nexus related from it?

Reactions: ohiomoto

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any updates/info from the "The Verge" interview of Matias Dua

What he said!!
No way, that just makes too much sense. Nope, instead of that we should start rumors or even a movement, or maybe even send hate mail to VZW headquarters for...um, well...just because!

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

There wasn't any front page threads about this event, but it was occurring today, @ 7pm Eastern Time, and lasting roughly an hour (meaning right about now we should be hearing something, if anything new is revealed.).

From'On The Verge' arrives on Monday, November 14th with Matias Duarte | The Verge
"We'll be sitting down with Matias Duarte, Director of User Experience for Android, for the sort of frank, eye-opening, and thrilling one-on-one conversation and demos you can't get anywhere else. We'll be showing off some incredible new gadgets, there will be crazy giveaways, and we're pretty sure your mind will be blown at least once."

So rather than relying on the rampant rumor mongering being thrown around, I was wondering if anyone had any legitimate information about this event, how it went, and if there was anything new and galaxy nexus related from it?

I have been looking around to see what happened, but no joy yet.

Dmw017

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

yeah ive been waiting but no word on what went down yet.. i guess tomorrow

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

found this on phandroid forums from sittingmoose

muffnman Muffnman
@P3Droid @droid_life FYI I was at the @verge #OnTheVerge taping today and Duarte confirmed that the Galaxy Nexus is launching Nov-this month

edit: here is another tweet from that guy that shows that he was actually there:

@muffnman Muffnman
I'm #OnTheVerge @verge I'm #OnTheVerge @verge

Last edited:

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

Didn't Google or Samsung already confirm it's coming this month? I assume he's talking a about the Euro version.

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Didn't Google or Samsung already confirm it's coming this month? I assume he's talking a about the Euro version.

well, the show was taped in NYC, but i don't have any context other than that

at least this gives hope that it wouldn't be delayed all the way to december

Reactions: JediJesus95

jokeefe10

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

i was there for the taping at bmcc. he was asked when we can get the nexus on verizon and he said that he couldn't give away the release date because he didn't want to take that away from verizon but we would be able to get it in november. he even had one with him, which he uses as his personal phone and showed off some of the fun features using the camera. he also announced that the 4.0 source was being released, most of the talk was about the roboto font. hopefully verizon will be announcing something soon.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

i just dont get how effing stupid vzw is. you just cant treat your loyal paying customers like this. you have to say something! silence is deafening. they know this! they are not stupid. there are so many things they could do to keep people interested and happy.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I still know absolutely nothing about this show, is it webcast or on some obscure NY cable channel?

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

I still know absolutely nothing about this show, is it webcast or on some obscure NY cable channel?
The Verge

Basically all the guys at Engadget left shortly after the new editorial strategy came down on them, and the editors went and started a new site, theverge.com. So this is basically "The Engadget Show" podcast, now under "The Verge" brand.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

remember when we linked you to the website like 4 times yesterday and everyone was ing cause i didnt put it in my post...Its a tech blog website that was newly launched by the old editor-in-chief of Engadget and a bunch of other writers that left that site when AOL took over Engadget. Have you watched the engadget show before (The Engadget Show) ??? If you have im guessing its going to be alot like that since Josh made that show what is what.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

The Verge

Basically all the guys at Engadget left shortly after the new editorial strategy came down on them, and the editors went and started a new site, theverge.com. So this is basically "The Engadget Show" podcast, now under "The Verge" brand.

So when will tonight's episode (air), and where can we watch it?

If anyone has or locates this information please post a direct link if possible.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

it was originally going to be livestreamed but was later changed to live event in person only. im sure they event will be "storied" on the verge soon

jokeefe10

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

josh said it should be up on their site tomorrow. the did some retakes and had some technical issues so there will be a lot of editing. josh is one funny guy though lol.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

i just dont get how effing stupid vzw is. you just cant treat your loyal paying customers like this. you have to say something! silence is deafening. they know this! they are not stupid. there are so many things they could do to keep people interested and happy.

Then maybe you should switch to Sprint or AT&T. If they're treating you so badly there is no reason to stay with them. Plus, think about how many people are really Nexus enthusiasts. The people who frequent Nexus forums and check hourly for any news on the phone probably add up to less than a few hundred. Verizon has the Razr and Rezound which are fine for most customers anyways.