If preorders happen, better to buy release morning or preorder?

dimachka

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So with all the rumors today that preorders might go live soon, I'm wondering if its a better idea to preorder or to just wait and show up the morning of release.

Pros for me of waiting for the morning of are getting the phone as early as possible, but cons are having to be late to work and worrying about there being enough stock.

For preorder, that means waiting until the end of the day and then hoping that the package people left it rather than making me wait and go pick it up. However it seems more likely there won't be stock issues.

What are your plans? I think I am leaning towards waiting for the release date and going to the store.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: If preorders happen, better to buy release morning or preorde

I like to Pre-Order from Brick and Mortar stores. For example, with the TBolt, I pre-ordered from Best Buy so I knew I could go in bright and early and get it.

For the Nexus.... not sure yet on what I'll do. I will probably try and get Best Buy or my local store to hold one... or else, I'll just go down really early on the 8th (or whatever the date is) and pick it up.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I'll pre-order online just to put my mind at ease that it wil come eventually. Then take a break for this forum until it is finally released and, shipping.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

There is a chance by doing the pre-order you could receive your beloved phone sooner then the the stores will start selling them, I have seen post by members that received their phones a few days early. I have always purchased from my local store but if the pre-order is more then a day or to before they go on sale in stores I will do a pre-order hoping to receive it early. Another advantage is not having some Verizon employee set your phone up for you, I would rather have all that fun myself.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

As popular as this phone is, I still don't think you will not be able to walk into the store on release day and pick one up. The only advantage I could see is maybe having it shipped a little earlier.

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Since I have to port my number over from AT&T, does anyone know if I can preorder, or will I have to go to a store to handle it all?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Since I have to port my number over from AT&T, does anyone know if I can preorder, or will I have to go to a store to handle it all?

You can do it through telesales really easily. I would do it that way if I were you just so you don't have to worry about the changes. They'll put a dummy number on it first so you can keep your current phone activated until it gets to your house.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Who in their right mind takes a new phone to work!!! You'll never get anything done. LOL

Oh yeah, if I hear any complaints about battery life during the first week I'm going to scream BLOODY MURDER! Wait until the novelty of the new phone and new OS wears off and your usage levels off before evaluating battery life.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I plan on getting mine from BB. They do same pre-order schedule as Verizon?

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
There is a chance by doing the pre-order you could receive your beloved phone sooner then the the stores will start selling them, I have seen post by members that received their phones a few days early. I have always purchased from my local store but if the pre-order is more then a day or to before they go on sale in stores I will do a pre-order hoping to receive it early. Another advantage is not having some Verizon employee set your phone up for you, I would rather have all that fun myself.

I was thinking the same thing. With a long enough pre-order period there's a chance they ship your phone the same day they ship to stores, so you'll get it a day or two early.
I also want to take in the whole unbox and setup experience, so I'd rather the first fingerprints on the phone be mine, not a sales reps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I usually preorder so I do not have to deal with store reps who always try to install things on my phone and sell me accessories I do not want. Plus when i preordered before you usually got the phone before it was available in store.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

2 options for me.

Pre-order ASAP. or Buy at a discounted price from Amazon.

Going into the store to pay the max contracted retail price and then have someone mess with my phone is not an option (the last phone I went to purchase from a retail verizon store (corp) I cancelled the ordered at the last second because they expected me to pay 50 more and get a 50 mail in rebate.. Mail in Rebates = NO THX)

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

2 options for me.

Pre-order ASAP. or Buy at a discounted price from Amazon.

Going into the store to pay the max contracted retail price and then have someone mess with my phone is not an option (the last phone I went to purchase from a retail verizon store (corp) I cancelled the ordered at the last second because they expected me to pay 50 more and get a 50 mail in rebate.. Mail in Rebates = NO THX)

My only issue is that I get a $50 corporate discount on phones in store and I tried it online with the Razr and the discount didn't come up. However if the rumored lowered price ends up being the price, I'll probably go ahead and pre-order.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

well if I got a 50 dollar discount to buy in store, then i'd probably use it. Have you tried pre-ordering with telesales?

KG II

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I have never bought a phone directly from a. VW store. Do the reps have to try and set up your phone for you?

When I got my crap-inate from BB, the sales lady insisted on doing it for me even though they were slammed (free phone Friday last October). I had a great Verizon sales rep who was honest and very knowledgeable about what she was talking about. Not to mention smoking hot! Anyway, I wanted to give her the sale since she was so good, even when I told her I wasn't buying that day.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

they will set it up for you, and for some reason peel all the plastic protection sheets off of it, even the ones on the back. they misewell have signed on with their google account during initiation because they def devirgin your phone for you.

also like Premium pointed out.. they will push the accesories pretty hard.. infact when I said I didnt want any the lady was like "Are you serious?.. really? not even a screen protector?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

they will set it up for you, and for some reason peel all the plastic protection sheets off of it, even the ones on the back. they misewell have signed on with their google account during initiation because they def devirgin your phone for you.

also like Premium pointed out.. they will push the accesories pretty hard.. infact when I said I didnt want any the lady was like "Are you serious?.. really? not even a screen protector?

They do that with cases and are like you will want a case and screen protector because you will drop it. I just say I know I will and will get them on amazon for half the price verizon charges and then walk out..

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

That's another reason I'm ordering online. It may seem silly but, I like unboxing it myself. It the accessories I want are available, I'm going to get it all in one shot, online.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

They do that with cases and are like you will want a case and screen protector because you will drop it. I just say I know I will and will get them on amazon for half the price verizon charges and then walk out..

I've ended up buying their holster and their colored silicone cases for both my Thunderbolt and my wife's Revolution because they really are good products. I originally just got the car dock for my Thunderbolt on launch day, but when I bought the wife the Revolution we got her the holster and the silicone case because she drops her phone a lot.

After seeing the holster and case I was pretty impressed by them so I got the same items for my Thunderbolt a few days later. It helps that I get a nice discount on accessories, but they really are quality products.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, they do that because the rep makes money from selling accessories. That's why they push so hard.

Some of them are so pushy I take pleasure in telling them I'm buying a better one online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy