Verizon Galaxy Nexus Gets 4.0.2 ICS

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I guess we can look forward to December 8th. I kinda just want to pre-order the thing tomorrow and forget about it until it arrives on my doorstep.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
There was a tweet linking to droid-life about a confirmed released buuuut you click on a link to droid-life and looks like they pulled it out. Now says 404 error.

RT @TeamAndIRC RT: @droid_life Verizon Confirms Release Date for Samsung Galaxy Nexus https://t.co/ethqs2Qu

That's because it wasn't real it was just trying to stir the pot, if you read all Teamandirc you would see that lol.

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
P3Droid says the phone will be in our hands within the next 14 days..here's the tweet and quote (as referenced earlier by someone else) for those who don't have access to twitter. Believe him or not, take the information for what it's worth to you.

https://twitter.com/#!/P3Droid/status/141740586179895298

That with BritishTurbo's tweet on the phones being in Verizon warehouses...I think a release on December 8th (or at least within the next two weeks) is looking pretty good. I'm becoming optimistic (however cautious as ever).

well I asked him if the eating of said phone will be streamed live? Because I like to see it.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Just a follow up to BritishTurbo's tweet; he claims it's emails that have been passed along that confirm the date. Could be the same emails Phil was talking about a week or so ago. Either way, the fact that no other dates have been mentioned lately and this one hasn't been proven wrong yet is a good sign.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
well I asked him if the eating of said phone will be streamed live? Because I like to see it.
I hope he planned on snacking on the gsm model. I'd hate to see an LTE GN end up in someones lower intestinal tract. Although, it would be a funny xray. Btw, he won't be eating any phone, anytime soon, though.

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Just a follow up to BritishTurbo's tweet; he claims it's emails that have been passed along that confirm the date. Could be the same emails Phil was talking about a week or so ago. Either way, the fact that no other dates have been mentioned lately and this one hasn't been proven wrong yet is a good sign.

On Google+ he said it's from friends who own Verizon retailers. He seems pretty sure...

It's all still rumors and tomorrow Verizon could find something "wrong" and delay it another week.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Well...really none have been proven wrong until the date passed with no device. Even when it was said it would come out on the 21st and was looking like the 8th, everybody sat and anticipated the 21st until it passed by and there was no phone. Then the 29th, the 1st, so on and so forth.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Preorder tomorrow always made more sense to me then yesterday... There's gonna be a riot when the D4 goes up for preorder tomorrow. Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DessVZW

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus LTE for testers got a new update yesterday. The update retains Android 4.0.2 (so no new Android version), but it appears the update included a new radio and baseband. P3Droid and Pydepypper both report stronger signal readings and overall more stable 3G/4G connection as a result of the update. P3 even tweeted about how the Galaxy Nexus is getting better all the time.

Definitely good stuff to be hearing. This phone is going to be awesome. We're all going to love it.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So the GSM GN got an update to 4.0.1 to fix the volume problem and the LTE gets updated to 4.0.2.
I guess this means .1 is included in .2 or does this mean that the GN LTE version doesn't ever get the .1 update fix? I wonder how Google will manage these type of updates were both versions of the phone are not on the same operating system version to begin with? Glad the LTE radio is stronger but this could be interesting.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So the GSM GN got an update to 4.0.1 to fix the volume problem and the LTE gets updated to 4.0.2.
I guess this means .1 is included in .2 or does this mean that the GN LTE version doesn't ever get the .1 update fix? I wonder how Google will manage these type of updates were both versions of the phone are not on the same operating system version to begin with? Glad the LTE radio is stronger but this could be interesting.

Probably how ios 4 was with the gsm and cdma model where the cdma model got similar updates but had different numbers.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

See nexus s and nexus s 4g

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus LTE for testers got a new update yesterday. The update retains Android 4.0.2 (so no new Android version), but it appears the update included a new radio and baseband. P3Droid and Pydepypper both report stronger signal readings and overall more stable 3G/4G connection as a result of the update. P3 even tweeted about how the Galaxy Nexus is getting better all the time.

Definitely good stuff to be hearing. This phone is going to be awesome. We're all going to love it.

All to make Big Reds junk perform better, rather sad, state of affairs. Isn't the "new" radio, just a retweaked version of the same "old" one?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
@P3Droid P3Droid
and not to throw this in your face, but to inform, the nexus was just updated to 4.1.0 .... how awesome is that !!!

Updated again it seems...

Bsigg12

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
@P3Droid P3Droid
and not to throw this in your face, but to inform, the nexus was just updated to 4.1.0 .... how awesome is that !!!

Updated again it seems...

I think it's gotta be a sign that they're finalizing the changes they needed to make so that Verizon would be happy with the launch. If they are already shipping phones to warehouses, that means when we get our Nexuses (Nexi?) then we'll need to do an OTA to 4.1 or whatever it is when we get them.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
4.0.1 --> 4.0.2 --> 4.1.0

Sounds good to me. 4.1.0 denotes greater changes or reflects that of a more major update.

We are close. Possibly prepping to release by the week of the 8th.

I wonder what this update brought.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Wonder what's in that update. 4.0.2 to 4.1 is a much bigger jump than 4.0.1 to 4.0.2. Hopefully it's a sign that the software is finished and ready to ship.