Tapatalk Heads Up

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It currently force-closes at startup on the Galaxy Nexus. I'm told it does on the Nexus S with AOSP ICS as well. I know how much many of you rely on Tapatalk, so I'll be all over them to get this fixed before release day.

I can't speak for the Galaxy Nexus, but Tapatalk has worked for me since the earliest Nexus S ICS AOSP ports. Using Tapatalk version 1.13.3.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I expect a lot of fail from apps with ICS. ICS is a very large change from previous versions of Android in many ways.

I thought that would be a huge issue but 'm very surprised there really hasn't been much mentioned about this and the gsm model has been out for a spell. Don't know if I feel hopeful, or uneasy this the calm before the storm.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
This sort of thing worries me about ICS. Does Google know how many apps that work fine now will work seamlessly when folks upgrade to the Nexus and the market goes to download their apps that they had on phones running Froyo or GB? This would be a deal breaker for me, but I would think the most popular and common apps would work. I just can't see Google allowing this to happen.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
There are some apps that fail when you force 2D hardware acceleration in the developer settings. I believe Tapatalk was one of them but, I'm not sure.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Installed but now favorites menu doesn't show any favorites. Upon manual search can still see blue tags indicating subscribed threads though

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if you two are on different versions? One GSM & one VZW?

I doubt it...

I have the GSM model and don't know of anyone who has the Verizon model yet. Like I mentioned, I didn't have any issues once I turned off "force GPU rendering" in developer options. I'm not a dev but it seems like some apps aren't made to be forced into hardware acceleration. A few apps crashed when I had this selected.

I think I'll just wait until the devs update their apps to support this feature, which from my understanding is built into the OS.