Best Buy Finally Called and Asked Me To Return The GN

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have a lawyer call him and ask him what's up, personally I like my fellow forum users see you under no obligation whatsoever to return the phone but like my fellow forum users, I'm just a forum user.

I can't see you losing if you kept it, they can't do anything and worst case scenario you have a pre-release Galaxy Nexus to throw on eBay. The best thing you could do right now is wait a few days until it actually gets released, that way you can hopefully hear what the hold up was and determine whether or not to return it (if it is actually a software issue).

JoeUser, somebody's good karma is someone else's bad karma I always say.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Only thing is, if verizon really wanted to they could blacklist the phone making it unusable. Not saying they will do that but that is a possibility.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
They asked you to take it back. Now you have an obligation to do so. I would do it. There is NO downside to returning it, but for the loss of use of it for a few days.

Who knows if this thing is not going to launch till the end of the month. A few days is enough of a downside, and a half a month is even worse. It is not time to be a martyr.

DBVille

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I would return it, and see what they offer. I like JoeUserTX's idea of getting a loaner phone until the GN is officially released. And the $100 gift card.

Make sure you are released from your two year contract. You return the phone, no long term contract. I think they should then give you the phone, without a contract, when it is actually released.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I say negotiate and see what it is really worth to them. They can't sell that phone as new anymore anyways. If they aren't willing to give you much then just keep it, who knows when they will actually release it.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I would return it, but agree with JoeUserTX, I would ask for a Rezound to use until the release is official and you get the GN back. Of course wouldn't hurt to get some kind of gift card too.

Bottom line is some fool made a mistake selling it to you, is it your fault? No. But just think about all the mistakes you have made in life, and will make from this day forward. We are do it, doesn't mean you should be taken advantaged of because of it.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I would just tell them that you're comfortable with the phone now... and that if there are any problems with it you will return it or contact Verizon directly. You aren't obligated to return it and shouldn't feel compelled to do so.

Reactions: Kage87Z

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Only thing is, if verizon really wanted to they could blacklist the phone making it unusable. Not saying they will do that but that is a possibility.

I'm sure I can get a refund if that happens.

He didn't mention anything about getting fired, just that he got word of the software problems and best buy needs to have the phone back as it's not for sale until it's all sorted out.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Not a remote chance they'd do that. Imagine getting in a car accident, no one around, and your only hope is to call 911. But wait, Best Buy cut the phone off.

Oh, the lawsuit that would result.

Not a chance they cut it off.

dr_w

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Negotiate first! Over the phone. Come to an agreement, an honorable one and then do the right thing. ask for the sky, who's to put a price on your time and effort? No one but you.

Sent from my SCH-I500

SchroederNexus

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Tell them that the phone is working fine and thank them for their concern.

You can negotiate over the phone but I'd get something in writing before giving it back.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Not a remote chance they'd do that. Imagine getting in a car accident, no one around, and your only hope is to call 911. But wait, Best Buy cut the phone off.

Oh, the lawsuit that would result.

Not a chance they cut it off.

You can still make emergency calls even with a black listed phone. I wouldn't put it past verizon to shut off the phone. Would want to send a message. Plus verizon could wiggle out of that lawsuit with one of many loop holes.

damstr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If your really enjoying the phone I'd ignore them. If you can wait till it officially comes out definitionely get at least a $100 gift card from them.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can still make emergency calls even with a black listed phone. I wouldn't put it past verizon to shut off the phone. Would want to send a message. Plus verizon could wiggle out of that lawsuit with one of many loop holes.

Loopholes? It's a civil lawsuit... they'd lose big time (or settle). Go to a Jury trial for the civil suit and they would be painted as this heartless, soulless corporation that needllessly put a man's life in danager because of a PR fiasco.

The device wasn't stolen. It was acquired legally (although mistakenly).