Best Buy Finally Called and Asked Me To Return The GN

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay. I jsut want to say that I think your overall advice is really good because at least you aren't arguing your personal morals, but actually giving the OP a huge possible negative outcome if he keeps it.

That said, is it possible that in your case you were just being threatened into giving up your phone? I.e. it was essentially a "bluff" to get you to do what they wanted - knowing they had little legal recourse against you, they had to play hardball?

Obviously this is also different situation here in that it's just the local best buy calling, not verizon corporate security for you.

It was definitely a bluff, but in his case, where the phone was given without any kind of contract a la receipt, Verizon could say anything and block it

sURFNmADNESS

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I just don't see BB opening every Vexus in their inventory to run the OTA before they sell every phone so what exactly does returning it for a software fix going to solve? Or has the inventory system of BB suddenly indicated all phones being sent back to Samsung?

As for returning the phone. Tell them first day you can get to the store is Friday. See if 12/15 or even 12/14 is the true release date then. Guessing the 3 phone calls came from the guy who sold you the phone or his boss who's rear is on the hot seat now with the store mgr & or district office.

If they want back before Friday, negotiate BB Giftcard and be first on list when they do finally get the phone released.

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The bit about the employee bypassing their employer's purchasing system is how Verizon legally justifies disabling the device. It was unauthorized.

No its how they zing Best Buy for breach of contract...especially the nice pictures of the receipts with manual SKU's entered. Verizon wont mess with him or his device...they are chewing Best Buy's ass and thats it.

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will call him first. That is when they will threaten to disable the device. If he complies, there is no problem. If he does not, then they will disable it.

Except verizon never called him... Like others have said, most likely bb is just trying to cover their ass since they sold it before they were supposed to.

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
26 pages later and I still have no clue what the OP decided to do.

Kpzq8.jpg

Reactions: Ulver982

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see BB opening every Vexus in their inventory to run the OTA before they sell every phone so what exactly does returning it for a software fix going to solve? Or has the inventory system of BB suddenly indicated all phones being sent back to Samsung?

As for returning the phone. Tell them first day you can get to the store is Friday. See if 12/15 or even 12/14 is the true release date then. Guessing the 3 phone calls came from the guy who sold you the phone or his boss who's rear is on the hot seat now with the store mgr & or district office.

If they want back before Friday, negotiate BB Giftcard and be first on list when they do finally get the phone released.

I think the stores just used that as an excuse. The update would show up ota like the one leaked document showed.

Reactions: ManBearPig618

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay. I jsut want to say that I think your overall advice is really good because at least you aren't arguing your personal morals, but actually giving the OP a huge possible negative outcome if he keeps it.

That said, is it possible that in your case you were just being threatened into giving up your phone? I.e. it was essentially a "bluff" to get you to do what they wanted - knowing they had little legal recourse against you, they had to play hardball?

Obviously this is also different situation here in that it's just the local best buy calling, not verizon corporate security for you.
I didn't have to give up the phone because I agreed to supply the proof of shipment and the name of the employee at Motorola who agreed to send me the device at no charge. I refused to release that info to Verizon. I did, however, agree to give that info to Motorola's President of International Trade Secrets, as I was asked to join a conference call with Verizon's Head of Corporate Security and him to resolve the matter. This is a huge deal to Verizon. I think it's quite juvenile but it's what they do.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site

But look at all the insight into the social viewpoints of the various participants of the forum. Love it!

Makes me want to go get a Masters degree in Sociology and use this thread for my thesis.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have to give up the phone because I agreed to supply the proof of shipment and the name of the employee at Motorola who agreed to send me the device at no charge. I refused to release that info to Verizon. I did, however, agree to give that info to Motorola's President of International Trade Secrets, as I was asked to join a conference call with Verizon's Head of Corporate Security and him to resolve the matter. This is a huge deal to Verizon. I think it's quite juvenile but it's what they do.

Haha yeah at that point I would have definitely lawyered up.

The funny thing is, it really doesn't make sense to "protect" the Nexus at this point, because the "trade secrets" are kinda already out there in the form of the gsm nexus. This isn't exactly a secret device.

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Quit trying to make it sound like you know what your talking about...your really bad at it

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
when/if the OP does an update can it be added to the original post? That way I dont have to read through another 28+ pages after these.

Thanks

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Added to my ignore list lmao

elisa9047

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The fact that I am following this thread & I use a LG optimus V & the closest I've gotten to a galaxy nexus is the ICS theme i currently have on my phone is...crazy. This is epic. Well all I can say is you paid for it..it was not stolen. See what your options are & go from there.

Sent from my LG Optimus V

Reactions: itsrayray

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Hopefully he is at the store bending BB over and extracting his pound of flesh for giving them the phone back...hope he went with the picture idea noted earlier in the thread just for the hell of it to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty