Just curious, what product name is the VZ Nexus again?

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
According to some leaked system dumps and this thread at XDA, it's mysid. Not "yakju"-anything.

That refers to the build configuration though, not product name. The product name is 'maguro' for the GSM/global version(s) and 'toro' for the Verizon.

Reactions: TerryMasters

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
According to some leaked system dumps and the XDA "[INFO] Galaxy Nexus Versions" thread, it's mysid. Not "yakju"-anything.

Ugh, that can't be good. Maybe they made a statement already, but I'd like to hear from Google how the update process works with mysid then. Thanks man.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, that can't be good. Maybe they made a statement already, but I'd like to hear from Google how the update process works with mysid then. Thanks man.
I'm trying to dig up the hard/soft evidence that Google is handling Verizon's updates. I know way back when ICS landed on AOSP, JBQ did say he was (with a grain of salt) predicting Google would handle Verizon's builds. There hasn't been official word but then, there hasn't been official word of when the phone will be released :p

Edit: And here's a post from JBQ regarding the different software configurations

brinox

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to dig up the hard/soft evidence that Google is handling Verizon's updates. I know way back when ICS landed on AOSP, JBQ did say he was (with a grain of salt) predicting Google would handle Verizon's builds. There hasn't been official word but then, there hasn't been official word of when the phone will be released :p

Edit: And here's a post from JBQ regarding the different software configurations

ill bet that google creates and tests the updates at length, but VZW also gets their own test/sandbox period before it goes out to us. I say that only because its a significantly different hardware build with a different set of mobile radios, etc...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo