Speed dial?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I also like pressing from the dial pad - anyone figure this out yet?

It is not there. Stock android has never had this. Annoying as hell. I have been using the direct dial widgets in a folder as well, but this should be part of the stock dialer. Really a fail here. I mean it is almost 2012 and Android can't put in speed dialing? There are work arounds but jeez, they shouldn't be needed ..

I still loooooooove my Nexus though :)

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
It is not there. Stock android has never had this. Annoying as hell. I have been using the direct dial widgets in a folder as well, but this should be part of the stock dialer. Really a fail here. I mean it is almost 2012 and Android can't put in speed dialing? There are work arounds but jeez, they shouldn't be needed ..

I still loooooooove my Nexus though :)

Agreed that is annoying and I love my nexus too!

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I also like pressing from the dial pad - anyone figure this out yet?

I used to use speed dialing a lot too. But, I've started using folders for that. At first it took a bit of getting used too. But, I actually like it. I have one home screen that is only for folders with my most frequently used numbers. I have work and family right now. Then I go to the folder, pick the number I want and I'm off.

I also use voice dialing quite a bit through my handsfree.

simplyapplied

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
If you're looking for a better speed dial, try out our app Sign. Instead of messing with folders and direct dial icons (which make it easy to accidentally call people), Sign is a gesture-based speed dial which lets you assign custom gesture to any contact. Then you can call or text them just by drawing the gesture.

It also has some other features like:

• Adjustable call confirmation
  • Haptic feedback letting you know if a gesture was recognized
  • No Call Log after a call is ended
  • Quick Startup lets you call or text anyone from the notification bar - even if other apps are open.

The free version, Sign Lite, has a limit of three (3) contacts, but we are working to make that unlimited in the next update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress