No Speed Dials In ICS?...Native Browser Doesn't Resize Pages?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to set the 1-9 number keys to speed dial numbers from your contacts? Jeez, this was around in the days of the (original) Motorola Razr (and every phone thereafter). You can't possibly be serious that ICS/GNex doesn't allow for this!?

And the browser doesn't resize pages to fit onto the screen when you zoom in to make the print larger? My Incredible did this with Android 2.1 and 2.1.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Nightowl33333

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Not the 1-9. However, i've done two other things that work pretty well:

1) Star your favorite contacts. When you swipe to the right twice in the dialer (or choose the right tab at the top) you'll see pictures of your favorites on top of the list, which works about the same.

2) You can also use the "direct dial" widget to set up a direct dial on any of the home pages.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea I have looked all over can't find the speed dial guess it's nit there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It's a paradigm shift. Just place a widget on one of the 5 home pages for a contact. (There are 4 different kinds of Contact widgets.) For example, I have my wife on the main home page. This is a much more modern solution as you see their photo right there on the screen instead of trying to remember which speed dial number is linked to which contact.

If you have a lot of people you want to speed dial then just put them in a folder.

The days where you actually have to have a phone dialer on the screen to dial someone are long gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38