Problem trying to activate!

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Just received my Nexus that I ordered over the phone last week and upon boot up I get this screen that says "downloading do not turn off target". So I let the phone sit for about 10 minutes and nothing happened. I picked the phone up to look at it closer and I must have pressed a volume button because the phone powered down and rebooted. I'm now stuck on the activation screen. Its been there for about 20 minutes now.

Any idea's whats going on??

anon(392846)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
When I was getting mine, the 4g sim card had problems activating. It probably took about 20 minutes before it worked. Perhaps that's the issue you seem to be having as well?

cggeek911

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem activating my Nexus. It gave me the "activating" screen for hours. No rebooting helped and I had to take it back to the Verizon store. In my case, the SIM card number in the phone did not match the one in Verizon's system. Once they matched system number to one found on the card, it activated right away.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Ya it just said "could not activate" and gave me the option to skip. So I did, ill see if I can activate it when I get into the phone by doing the *228.

Vol_Mania

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, so I called Verizon. The CSR informed me my activation was hung in their switch and that it could take a couple of hours for it to clear. I continued to use my GNex on Wifi and about an hour later the activation worked. The CSR called me back to inform me the activation was finalized and that my data should work.

DBVille

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
If you have problems activating any new phone, call VZW from another phone number, not the one you are trying to activate. I had a similar problem, and tech support got it all fixed and activated in like five minutes.

Mrpeeng

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue, I went online and activated it through the website. Changed the Meid numbers and within 5 mins everything worked.

alnilla

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Ya it just said "could not activate" and gave me the option to skip. So I did, ill see if I can activate it when I get into the phone by doing the *228.

*228 doesnt work you have to use the number they provided in the 4g book that came with your phone. I had the same issue.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I called 2 times now and they said they fixed it both times and to wait 20 minutes and it should activate, but still hasn't. Its driving me nuts!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87