Messaging Issue

klou

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when I try to open up the stock messaging app, it keeps opening up the most recent app instead, and will not open up the messaging app until someone sends me a text. This has happened 2 or 3 times now. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when I try to open up the stock messaging app, it keeps opening up the most recent app instead, and will not open up the messaging app until someone sends me a text. This has happened 2 or 3 times now. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue.

I've not had that issue with the messaging but i have had something similar happen with the gallery. To fix it i jumped under settings and went to all apps and cleared cache and data for the app. Of course this removed all my user settings for that app but i've never had the problem again.

Don't know if that's what you need to do exactly but - i believe it's the messaging under all apps from settings menue.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I've had that happen once. I had to go back to home screen and task kill the app that kept opening. Just an ICS bug, nothing to worry about.

roachdabug

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this issue... It's as simple as launching the messaging app, hitting the home button, going to the task switcher, and clearing the ill-performing messaging app. After that it launches just fine again.

ambrodsky

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I've had this happen twice now. Pretty much the only bug I can find in ICS. I had to reboot to get back into the messaging app.

The only other bug I can find is occasionally the browser will just randomly close out and take me back to my homescreen for no apparent reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non