Exchange (hotmail) misbehaving

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else seen this issue...
the other day my phone was all of a sudden running really hot, and the battery would barely charge and die incredibly fast. Phone also had a hard time reading the battery properly, it would say 10%, then I would powercycle and it would read 60%... then die 5 minutes later...

After checking a bunch of things, it appeared my hotmail (set to sync every hour) had used almost no data in the foreground, but 500MB in the background.... and this was in a few hours...

Once i finally removed the account, all was well...
When I set it back up, the phone started to get hot again, so I disabled background data of the app, which seems to have worked... but now it doesnt sync (obviously)

anyone else see this
-Danny

DanPonjican

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem on my verizon samsung galaxy nexus. Something is different on ICS because I use to use hotmail on my droid incredible and never had a problem.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hotmail has also been asking me to change my password like crazy, stopping for nothing. Seriously, ask me every hour like your supposed to, which raises the question how often are you really checking.

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have two hotmail accounts as exchange (m.hotmail.com) and haven't noticed any battery issues. I have my emails fetch as push (email only), and my exchange services battery usage is usually around 2%.

holsen

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here - I got the ICS upgrade on my SG2 LTE and ever since the batter get smokin hot, won't charge and the battery fully drains in about 2 hours. I've turned off auto sync but the problem won't go. Any ideas how to fix this or is this a firmware problem and I need to wait for the next "Fix"?
Thanks

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think it would come to this but I had to limit my background data on the exchange server ever since my update. bad exchange server bad!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty