Does owning a Galaxy Nexua mean it will get Android 5.0 in 2013?

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does owning a Galaxy Nexua mean it will get Android 5.0 in 20

I think it's a safe bet that the Nexus will get Jellybean soon after it comes out. Whether or not that's 5.0, or if we'll get anything past Jellybean - I don't know

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

The only reason the OG Droid didn't get ICS in the dev community was because of the specs were out of date and couldn't handle ICS. This phone should be good for at least 2 years, no matter if it officially gets the update or not.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Also, assuming that you bought the GNex in December, if your phone does start getting long in the tooth, you are up for a new one by 8/2013 anyways.

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com

Hell. The Droid Eris is getting some dev support behind it for ICS, and it had Gingerbread a few months after it was released.

I think the GNex is getting the next version of Android much the same as the Nexus S got ICS a few weeks back.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus One got one major update after it was released (Gingerbread), and will not get official Ice Cream Sandwich. So the Galaxy Nexus will get the "J" release, but not the release after that.

Sent from my Nexus S

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

The Nexus One got one major update after it was released (Gingerbread), and will not get official Ice Cream Sandwich. So the Galaxy Nexus will get the "J" release, but not the release after that.

Sent from my Nexus S

It *might*. The reason why I say that is that it has plenty of RAM, a great processor, and capacious internal storage. Its definitely more 'future-proofed' than the Nexus One was. I could see them giving it two more releases and then that's it.

Regardless, I'll be on a different Nexus by the time the Galaxy Nexus no longer gets updated.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site

It is a safe bet that it should be among the first.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I agree with the consensus that we'll probably see at least two major updates whether it be through official channels or through other means.

The question is whether or not Verizon will ever see another Nexus down the road. I certainly hope so!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch