Anyone else having issues streaming music (stops playing)

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
There's a big thread about this in the Note 4 forums too. It has nothing to do with signal or steaming, as it happens to me with locally stored music, as well.

It's terrible with Google Music, I can't even use it. It rarely happens with Xbox/Groove Music, for me.

Some people think it's an issue with throttling while the screen is off.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mlassegard

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm having this problem. I have the s7 and with all the available updates. Pandora and or the Google app stops after 1 or two songs. in my car I can't start the app if it was running previously. I have to totally close the app to get it to run. I love the battery life and the expandable sd card. but I'm ditching this as soon as the new Apple device come out

SWLecLC

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm having this problem. I have the s7 and with all the available updates. Pandora and or the Google app stops after 1 or two songs. in my car I can't start the app if it was running previously. I have to totally close the app to get it to run. I love the battery life and the expandable sd card. but I'm ditching this as soon as the new Apple device come out

Just had my S4 mini reset by Samsung technicians and it has since started doing this. I've been listening to radio streaming on the phone for 18 months without any problems but now have to keep the screen alive to keep radio going which is not feasible. Doesn't happen on my Acer tablet running an updated Android system.
Have tried all settings, taking lock codes off and I don't have battery saver installed. I'm at a loss..

steveewatson

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Does iHeartradio stop loading, or keeps stopping on you, or freezing up? If your memory is full DO NOT UNINSTALL! Your phone might force you to clear other apps before allowing you to reinstall, and that process is mostly unnecessary anyway. Simply go to your SETTINGS app, then go to APPS within SETTINGS, click the iHeartradio icon and clear the iHeartradio CACHE and FORCE STOP. You should not have to clear out your iHeartradio data unless this does not work. After CLEARING YOUR CACHE and FORCE STOPPING, then restart your phone. Open the app and sign back up. Your original data settings will still be there unless you have cleared out your data.

Sithlyone

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
If you have Power saving mode on that is the issue. If the screen is off it limits data to save the battery. Turn off the power saving road and you'll have no issues any longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member