screen crack

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
my galaxy nexus as a crack in the screen from a drop. am i stuck with this crack or are the repair options? i didn't get insurance. can the screen be replaced by a novice?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
my galaxy nexus as a crack in the screen from a drop. am i stuck with this crack or are the repair options? i didn't get insurance. can the screen be replaced by a novice?

To my knowledge the screen cannot be replaced by a novice. Since you chose not to purchase insurance, does the scratch prevent you from using the phone as you normally would? If not, then live with the scratch. Or if you can afford to replace the phone, then replace it if the phone isn't functioning properly anymore because of the scratch. If you can't afford to replace the phone, why on earth would you purchase a phone that has a retail price so expensive for you without the insurance policy?

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
no the phone is fully functional. if it was reasonable/inexpensive to fix it i would. just wasn't sure. I don't purchase insurance because i generally only keep phones for 5-6 months and then sell them. I usually keep cases on the them but I had taken the phone out of the case to show it too an iOS friend.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I never understand why people do not get insurance. I just look at it as part of the price of my contract. Its part of the price of owning a smartphone. You are going to drop it or scrat h it or crack it or have it stolen.....those are just the certanties of using a small device in your hands on a daily basis.....You can baby it all you want.....your just one clumsy moment from disaster. Get your insurance people...its the price of a couple hot dogs and a couple cokes a month.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
no the phone is fully functional. if it was reasonable/inexpensive to fix it i would. just wasn't sure. I don't purchase insurance because i generally only keep phones for 5-6 months and then sell them. I usually keep cases on the them but I had taken the phone out of the case to show it too an iOS friend.

I'm sure i-fix it or some other company can replace the screen for a couple hundred or less. Get in touch with Samsung support they probably do repairs also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn