PC cannot trnasfer files to Nexus

laua

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Own my galaxy nexus for a few day , loaded a few apps, and transfer pictures and vedio files to it from PC. Then next day when I drag and drop a files or files to it PC open the copy widget but not action. I can see the folders on the nexus. call Samsung, they advice me to reset my nexus to factory state. I work that way. but I have to restore everything. any idea why, and any fix without a total reset.
Edit/Delete Message

GIkari

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
A few questions...

1) are you using the included USB cable?

2) what version of windows are you using?

3) have you tried using both MTP and PTP("camera") connection modes?

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I had mixed results when I first got the phone as well. I ended up using a wifi file transfer app and have not looked back. Kind of a pain at first but is easy now.

I use Wifi File Explorer Pro. There are free ones I believe but I got this on the Amazon Free app of the day a while back.

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem where it stopped working but I do notice that sometimes when transferring files, it's extremely fast, other times it's extremely slow. No idea why, nothing changes.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I use ex file explorer, find the file copy and paste it. Haven't done it in while. I don't know if the app actually handles the copy and pasting it just allows me to see the folders and files.

Reactions: kamalthind

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Download airdroid from the market. It works great and gets the job done quickly. There are some other cool features you can check out as well

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here with my Galaxy Nexus which I never could resolve running Windows 7. Went and bought a RAZR MAXX and all is now working. :)

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
supposedly fixed in 4.0.3 and not getting an update with rumors of 4.0.5 coming out.. beginning to think this "Nexus" is a Droid Charge 2...