Homescreen shortcuts not working?

mds54

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
When I do a homescreen long press, I get a menu popup for wallpaper choices.
Why don't I get a selection prompt for shortcuts? I want to create browser bookmark shortcuts on my homescreen.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
the GN is pure android. it doesn't have that feature. you only get wallpapers when you long press.

you have to download a home replacement app if you want that.

however, there is another way to do it on the GN. just go into your app drawer and press "widgets" at the top (or swipe to the left until you get to the widgets). you can then press/hold the widget you want and add it to the homescreen. that is where the bookmarks shortcut lie in wait for you, my friend :cool:

Reactions: mds54

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Things have changed a bit in ICS...

Go to your app drawer and at the top look under widgets... You should see a "bookmarks" widget. That's you browser shortcut.

Edit: Ya ya.. What he said above... Beat me to the punch.

mds54

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, I already knew that about the widgets. But that widget displays the bookmarks from my gmail accounts, not from my xScope Pro browser bookmarks. What am I missing?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, I already knew that about the widgets. But that widget displays the bookmarks from my gmail accounts, not from my xScope Pro browser bookmarks. What am I missing?

You need to use the widget that the app provides. If its not properly updated for ICS to put the widget in the widgets section of the app drawer, then you've gotta try another workaround.

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Most times when a widget doesn't pop up for me I power cycle the phone. usually the widget I was looking for appears.. anyone else have to do that?

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yet another post from me about a nova launcher. It'll give you the long press you desire and allow you to remove the search bar.

If you go to three vzw website there are tutorial videos that show all kinds of cool stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38