Ok, enough is enough. Goodbye Galaxy Nexus.

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry GNEX, I really want to love you, but....

I wanted for this phone to to work so bad! I am on my second one (swapped out sim cards twice) and it simply will not function properly! It shows that I have a great signal, but the signal meter more often than not stays gray and not blue. I NEVER got a signal inside my house.., my old HTC DINC got perfect signal, my wife's MOTO Droid X gets perfect signal....
I should have learned my lesson in regards to samsung when I had the VZW Fascinate...
I will be exchanging my GNEX for a RAZR today...

btw, yes... I did try unlocking, rooting and flashing different radios... no dice

Reactions: axne1

Cory S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sorry GNEX, I really want to love you, but....

My girlfriend has lot of issues with her RAZR dropping data. Bugs the crap out of her, and I never hear the end of it because I made her buy an android phone over an iPhone. (no point in explaining iPhones have bugs too... iPhones can do no wrong)

Reactions: ejaymd11

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

really feel bad for the people that have signal issues with this phone. after flashing the leaked 4.0.4 radios, i never had any issues...and the official OTA radios are ever so slightly better than those. completely happy with my nexus.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Good Luck with your Razr .
For me the GN is everything I expected and then more .
Hands up the GN is the best overall performing phone I had .The incredible is a close second tho ,the dx was 3rd.:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2.1.0

Reactions: delta7

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

Good Luck with your Razr .
For me the GN is everything I expected and then more .
Hands up the GN is the best overall performing phone I had .The incredible is a close second tho ,the dx was 3rd.:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2.1.0

you're right... the Incredible was great! it was my daily driver for more than a year... I had high hopes for the nexus... I actually would love to keep it and not get the razr... but I gotta have a phone that works...

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
you're right... the Incredible was great! it was my daily driver for more than a year... I had high hopes for the nexus... I actually would love to keep it and not get the razr... but I gotta have a phone that works...

That's too bad. I just can't relate to you and a few others who have reception issues. I've never had them even with older radios. I get 4G 3-4 bars just about anywhere in town and no problems at my place. There are some fringe areas in town where it drops to 3G but no data loss and certainly no dropped calls. Reception is just plain not a problem for me on this phone.

Hope you have better luck with your next phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

I had the same connection issues that people are reporting with the Nexus with my Stratosphere

Went on vacation in Miami and basically used the device as a camera (and a crappy 5MP one at that)

Would definitely be steamed if that were the case with my Nexus (fortunately, not an issue so far)

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

I wanted for this phone to to work so bad! I am on my second one (swapped out sim cards twice) and it simply will not function properly! It shows that I have a great signal, but the signal meter more often than not stays gray and not blue. I NEVER got a signal inside my house.., my old HTC DINC got perfect signal, my wife's MOTO Droid X gets perfect signal....
I should have learned my lesson in regards to samsung when I had the VZW Fascinate...
I will be exchanging my GNEX for a RAZR today...

btw, yes... I did try unlocking, rooting and flashing different radios... no dice

I hear ya. I am on my 2nd phone, on vacation right now in Southern CA and the signal issues persist just like at home in good 'ol Idaho.
I am going to try one more device swap and then I will have to call it game over. There are serious quality control issues with this device. Samsung makes nice phones (loved my Galaxy S II), but this one is headacheville from day one. I love the device but it is NOT reliable for folks like you and me (and a bunch more)...

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

I hear ya. I am on my 2nd phone, on vacation right now in Southern CA and the signal issues persist just like at home in good 'ol Idaho.
I am going to try one more device swap and then I will have to call it game over. There are serious quality control issues with this device. Samsung makes nice phones (loved my Galaxy S II), but this one is headacheville from day one. I love the device but it is NOT reliable for folks like you and me (and a bunch more)...

your info says that you also have the razr maxx.. can you confirm for me that the signal & data reception is much better with the razr?

thanks for your help!

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have both. My wife uses the Maxx which, side by side has a much better signal. She can sit next to me and watch Netflix while I can barely stay connected to even make a phone call. Very frustrating. I rely on WiFi quite a bit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

well... I did it.. took the GNEX back to best buy and got me a HTC Rezound.. what a great phone! No reception issues at all! and the Beats Audio are great!
Still wish I could have kept the GNEX.... oh well..

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
htc incredible 4g just got launched today

Yea I saw that. But I think it's not as great as the Rezound. 4inch, non HD screen, probably the same camera (doesn't say it uses "image sense" anywhere, like the "One" line). It seems to be a mid range phone at best. Only thing it's got going is the S4.

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Lost another comrade. Good luck with your Razr! My GN does everything I need :D

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site

The Rezound is a solid phone and I do miss mine a little bit. I liked the screen better and the camera was better. I've noticed no difference between reception yet. Battery life on the Nexus has been better then the stock battery on the Rezound. Nexus is smoother and seem to run a lot better.

Both are awesome phones and I am not sure you go wrong either way.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm trying one more time today, Amazon sending me my third replacement (props to their customer service for being so patient and willing to cooperate). I looked at the Razr Maxx, and although everything is great and all, two things really stood out to me: that qHD display is pretty subpar compared to the 720p display of the Gnex (like you could see the pixels), and probably the most important factor: sure, it will get ICS probably this month, but I highly doubt it'll get Jellybean next year. Moto phones just don't tend to jump two versions of Android, and I know for a certainty that the Gnex will receive the next version of Android, and probably the one after that (with cyanogenmod or AOKP).

If this third phone is defective, then I'll just assume that Amazon has a bad batch of these phones, and I'll just call Verizon to give me a refurb (sorry, *Certified Like New Device*) until I get one that works. Just can't part with this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty