Skype international help

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I definitely have researched and understand I need the "non-Verizon" version of Skype to use it on the Verizon Nexus via WiFi. But I can't find a specific answer to these questions.

We will be traveling internationally where the Nexus will not have a cell reception. Understand that the Nexus will connect via WiFi and I assume that say 2 people overseas with Skpe on their Nexus phones could reach each other within that country with no problem and no fees? Do I have that right?

Then if someone on a Nexus wifi tries to call another skyp user in the US, that is also free.

If you are on Wifi internationally and want to call someone in the US on their landline, do I understand correctly that skype will "know" you are traveling internationally and you just need to have an international calling plan to cover the call to the US? Is the fee based on the receiving end of the call or the wifi based sending side?

Sorry for the questions. I did look around and Skype chat was "too busy" to answer.
Thanks in advance for your help,
BJB1

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If its anything like magic jack you get a US number and pay the subscription plan, then when you're online anywhere in the world, any calls to and from the US and your US number are included in your plan. Not sure if skype is run the same.

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
yosteve, yes that is my guess too.

But I am trying to confirm with someone that has used skype outside the US both within that country between phones and from that country to the US before I am trying to use it.

Thanks,
BJB1

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. That looks like a neat app.
Will it work if you are not on a cell network and just have wi fi?

I FINALLY got through to a chat with Skype. It "appears" that if all of us have the Wifi version on our phones, and we are outside the US, we can skill skype each other on the "free" version of skype.

If while not in the US we want to skype someone in the US, that also will work on the free app.

If we want to call someone in the US on their non-skype cell or landline, for THAT we just need the US subscription as it is based on where the landlines destination is.

Hopefully that is correct information...
I will use that app as a backup.
Thanks,
BJB1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez