Being a Nexus, is a return to stock necessary for Verizon swap?

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I think I am going to swap my 2nd Nexus out, this time from Verizon (not Amazon Wireless as they only do one swap, else change phone all-together). Do I need to return my phone to stock or since it is a Nexus can I just bring it in?
I'm just going to do the swap-o-rama until I get one that keeps its signal cause I like the phone too much to get a different one all-together.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Being a Nexus, is a return to stock necessary for Verizon swa

And don't forget to wipe the SD card in case you have personal pics and info on it.

So you got the phone from Amazon but returning to Verizon?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Absolutely. Unroot and lock it up.

if you dont and they check your phone your warranty will be void, and if they had alreday sent you your replacement phone before you sent yours off you will probably be billed for the replacement because of it (worst case scenario)

Yah, lock that sucker back up.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

if you dont and they check your phone your warranty will be void, and if they had alreday sent you your replacement phone before you sent yours off you will probably be billed for the replacement because of it (worst case scenario)

Yah, lock that sucker back up.

Well they have to exercise their right to void it (it's not automatically void). I presume that they would, however.

Your SDcard gets wiped when you relock. Use something like Wug's to take it back to stock, and make sure to save everything you like--pictures, downloads, whatever, on a computer. I literally have a folder for such an occasion on my Mac :).

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

I originally purchased my GNEX from Amazon Wireless. They sent me a replacement phone already and I returned the old one. I called them back, but they said they can now only swap my GNEX for a different model and that if I wanted a swap, from here out it would need to go through Verizon.
My local Verizon rep told me they could do it without charge, but I may, or may not, get a refurb. But, I'm OK with that I guess, as long as all works fine and it wasn't dragged across crushed glass and broken nails before I get it.. hehe

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I originally purchased my GNEX from Amazon Wireless. They sent me a replacement phone already and I returned the old one. I called them back, but they said they can now only swap my GNEX for a different model and that if I wanted a swap, from here out it would need to go through Verizon.
My local Verizon rep told me they could do it without charge, but I may, or may not, get a refurb. But, I'm OK with that I guess, as long as all works fine and it wasn't dragged across crushed glass and broken nails before I get it.. hehe

Yeah, they're really good about swapping. Just go over the CLN replacement w/ a fine toothed comb and you'll be fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19