Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery

itstilleytime

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
In a nutshell, I have purchased the OEM 2100mah Samsung Battery and now I am currently using a Hyperion Electronics 3800mah Extended Battery in my Galaxy Nexus. Even with the 3800, i can max out at about 19 hours with moderate to light use. I am looking to purchase a battery that will allow me to have heavy use all day and not have to worry about finding a charger as soon as i walk in the door when I get home. Any suggestion? Is my poor battery life currently because my battery is generic? Help is appreciated! Thanks everyone

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you aren't seeing 24 hours of use out of that 3800 mah battery, my only other idea would be to get an external battery like the ones by Mophie (4000 mah). That and the oem 2100 mah or that 3800 mah will definitely do the trick.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The battery on that phone with a very large screen was terrible for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has to be due to individual usage. My GNex has been off the charger for 14 hours and it isn't showing the low battery indicator. I used it pretty sparingly today except for over 90 minutes of streaming podcasts over Bluetooth in the car. I don't have a lot of things turned low either. Battery does go fast if I use YouTube a lot though.

andrewshah

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could find something similar to what I used with my Fascinate.
I bought the pack off Amazon, it came with 2 batteries and an external charger.
They weren't extended, but being able to carry around 3 batteries always fully charged (thanks to the external charger) definitely got me through the day with very heavy usage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
In a nutshell, I have purchased the OEM 2100mah Samsung Battery and now I am currently using a Hyperion Electronics 3800mah Extended Battery in my Galaxy Nexus. Even with the 3800, i can max out at about 19 hours with moderate to light use. I am looking to purchase a battery that will allow me to have heavy use all day and not have to worry about finding a charger as soon as i walk in the door when I get home. Any suggestion? Is my poor battery life currently because my battery is generic? Help is appreciated! Thanks everyone

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...se-external-battery-samsung-galaxy-nexus.html

This gets me through a whole day with heavy use and I only have the stock battery.

king43

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
battery will go all day (from 8am central to about 12pm central) at moderate use, thats txting alot at work, hardly any if no actual calls (calls REALLY KILL BATTERY) heavy browsing in 15 min 2x a day (15 min work break). Works great when come home till around mindnight. Now if i know im going out that night, ill charge when home from work (things charges SUPERFAST compared to my thunderbolt, moto driod og. like 20 mins from red will make it 50%...
-Verizon Extended Battery

da_goldstein

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the imp70 charger from New Trent and my olny problem is it charges so slow. It charges as a USB not AC.

I have had the best luck with my aftermarket Anker 2200 mah which lasts the whole day.

Of course that is with Juice defender plus running.

Is there a portable battery that charges in an AC speed as if it was plugged into the car or outlet?

I did use both the 1a and 2.1a output ports and it is still slow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699