Super video - app

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I was reading about the upcoming Samsung galaxy S III.
I was intrigued by the pop up player app so I Googled it.

There was a website that mentioned that it wasn't new and the app "stick it" does the same thing.
I went to the play store to check it out and some of the reviews weren't very positive and one user mentioned super video which is free (the pay version has a few added features).

I installed it and was very surprised. It's a pretty cool app that keeps a floating video player on screen and it allows you to perform other tasks without stopping the video, it stays on screen and keeps playing.
You can't move it to the background as you would on a PC but you can move the player around the screen, make it smaller, or make it full screen. You can even set it to keep the sound going if you turn off the screen.

Just thought I would share the information for anyone that wasn't aware of the app.

Reactions: anon(596177)

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
There are supposed to be other floating apps out, one I read about was a calculator.
This may be a trend, which might be cool.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this! I was honestly a little intrigued by the S3 for this reason alone, but now that I see theres "an app for that" (lol) not so much anymore.

Just yesterday I was thinking to myself while trying to watch a netflix video and text 4 dif people how usefull it would be to have this feature. I havent figured out how to do netflix videos (if its even possible) but if it is possible this may just be the best thing ever in regards to mobile media playback.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this! I was honestly a little intrigued by the S3 for this reason alone, but now that I see theres "an app for that" (lol) not so much anymore.

Just yesterday I was thinking to myself while trying to watch a netflix video and text 4 dif people how usefull it would be to have this feature. I havent figured out how to do netflix videos (if its even possible) but if it is possible this may just be the best thing ever in regards to mobile media playback.

It's only good for files on the device, YouTube, or other videos with a provided URL.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It's only good for files on the device, YouTube, or other videos with a provided URL.

yah, thats what I thought. That's too bad, although it is still very usefull, most of my video watching on the go is done through netflix. Still an amazing app, I think I'll keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699