Best Setup for Battery Life?

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
So I have been running Bugless Beast JB, and the battery life is just horrible. what is the best ROM setup for good battery life?

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Was it better on any other ROM that you've used previously? I'm using [ROM] BAMF Paradigm v2.1 [4.1.1] JRO03H - Galaxy Nexus - Official BAMF Galaxy Development - TeamBAMF and it seems to working well. It's difficult to determine your usage by just your post, but multiple apps syncing, signal strength, screen-on time as well as a multitude of things can affect your battery life.

I just installed BAMF Paradigm but I can't judge the battery life on it yet. What do you do to make it last longer on that rom?

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I didn't do much of anything. I use the phone for calls, texts, emails and a little web browsing. I'm by no means a heavy user, but with the 2100mAh battery, I easily get a full day of use and then some.

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't do much of anything. I use the phone for calls, texts, emails and a little web browsing. I'm by no means a heavy user, but with the 2100mAh battery, I easily get a full day of use and then some.

I'm kind of a heavy user lol. I guess I have to get the Verizon Extended Battery.

Magic Ed

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have found with the 2100 battery that it is difficult to find a case. But I love having it. Rock the ottebox defender I just leave the back off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ALL syncing off..set up manual syncing on everything you can.
Brightness lowest comfortable setting.
GPS off until needed.
WiFi on.. mobile data OFF until needed.
Get the extended (2100mah iirc) Samsung battery..
I made it a day and a half with minimal use..15hours on light to medium usage, 8 hours on super usage.

But if your not in a strong signal Area your still going to have battery drain a little faster than others.

I'm running JBSourcery with these settings..

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
the kernel and ROM have a lot less to do with battery life than the things boomer mentioned. trying to maintain data connectivity with a poor signal (wifi or cellular) will produce a huge drain. if you don't need data and are in a place with a poor signal, put on airplane mode for a while...