how long before 4.1.2

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
4.1.2 is out now for the n7. So it should be soon for the gnex. Will Verizon release it or just wait for 4.2? Considering by time they release 4.1.2 ...4.2 will be oit

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
4.1.2 is out now for the n7. So it should be soon for the gnex. Will Verizon release it or just wait for 4.2? Considering by time they release 4.1.2 ...4.2 will be oit

Judging at the rate its taken Sprint and Verizon to approve and push out prior updates..... Could be a while or they could opt to skip it entirely for 4.2 depending on that time frame of release.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Also keep in mind it may easily not ever be intended for our device, everything we see now indicates it was just a Nexus 7 update, but we will see.

Remember 4.0.3? A lot of people thought Verizon was 'skipping' that update for us when in fact Google never intended it to be for our Nexus and never supplied them a build to even be an OTA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

Probably eight weeks like the other updates. Or was it twelve? Ehh, doesn't really matter. At least it's still getting updates.

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Not just a N7 release.
Toro /vendor/ MMS and general framework was updated as well.
I'm already running an AOKP build.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will probably push 4.1.2 update via OTA around mid-January at the earliest...

That will probably the second to the last update ever for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus. (the phone is scheduled to be
taken off the shelves at VZW corporate stores in a few weeks, according to the manager)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will probably push 4.1.2 update via OTA around mid-January at the earliest...

That will probably the second to the last update ever for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus. (the phone is scheduled to be
taken off the shelves at VZW corporate stores in a few weeks, according to the manager)

Everything stated here is 100% false :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
We will never see an update on the Verizon model again good luck with that. I hope I'm wrong.

You are, and you made a dozen or more similar posts about Jellybean never coming or not until next year, etc. There's really no need to try and incite drama. The Verizon Gnex will continue to receive every update it is supposed to for another year.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You are, and you made a dozen or more similar posts about Jellybean never coming or not until next year, etc. There's really no need to try and incite drama. The Verizon Gnex will continue to receive every update it is supposed to for another year.

agreed.

the VZW nexus is the red-headed stepchild of the nexus family....but it is still...deep down....a nexus. it will get the same updates the GSM nexus gets....only about 2 months down the road.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
They really didn't go into detail about the change. But it's just that if something is updated you expect for your device to be updated on time if you are paying for their service.

Well, that can backfire as the iOS6 folks found out with regard to maps.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, that can backfire as the iOS6 folks found out with regard to maps.

Yeah. True. But I don't think Google will take away something and make it worse. only thing I have noticed is the notifications. you can now expand with one finger instead of two. to collapse them you have to go down and back up in one motion. You just can't slide up to collapse.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
What's in 4.1.2 that makes it worth talking about?
The only thing I've seen (relevant to the GNex) is the "one finger expand notifications" thing. (Video) Otherwise bug fixes and the "landscape launcher on Nexus 7" thing, which doesn't appear to extend to the GNex by default.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
CM10 M2
u4yvyzam.jpg