Screen burn in

BuffaloMadMan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have pretty noticeable screen burn in where my navigation and notification bars are. When playing a YouTube video full screen you can see the discoloration and the icons. My question is can I receive a replacement from warranty? The only problem is my nexus is a little beat up dings on the sides and a scratch on the screen only noticeable when light reflects off the screen? Do you think they will give me a problem or what?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rxmorph

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
If you call the warranty center and explain your situation then I'm sure you would be able to get a replacement. You may have to pay some kind of charge though when they receive your current one because of the dings and scratches. The amount you are charged varies I believe on the amount of "damage" there is to the phone. I am currently on my third replacement gnex..all due to screen quality related issues aside from my original one that wouldn't hold a 4g signal which I realize now would have probably been fixed with the 4.1 update...sigh :( lessons learned I suppose. This one, however, seems to have the best screen so far or at least the one that comes as close as to my original one's that was nearly perfect. For what it is worth, my last two were made in Korea..first one was just washed out and blacks and greys were horrible..also had notification burn in that you speak of..last one was better but had purple tint on certain screens and actually half the screen was darker/different shade..most noticeable and annoying when scrolling through pages with white or grey backgrounds. This one was made in China as my original gnex was..not sure because I know a lot of reading will suggest Korea models are overall made better but in my experience the screen quality has been much better on the two China models I have owned. I really just believe, though, it is the luck of the draw when it comes to replacements from vzw like so many others have said. You will probably be hard pressed to get one that's near "perfect".

BTW, all of my phones have been in perfect physical shape when I sent them back so that information above if just based on what I have read elsewhere and what the reps I have spoke to on the phone suggest.

BuffaloMadMan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply..yea Its only noticeable playing full screen videos the color doesn't match the screen. Not too bad but my year warranty is coming up and was thinking about just switching it so I have a pretty new phone for at least one more year until I can get a new one. Did Samsung (usa) full fill your order? Appreciate all the info

rxmorph

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I didn't really deal with Samsung directly..at first with my original gnex they forwarded me to Samsung and they offered me to send my phone to them to have it repaired but being without my phone for a couple weeks wasn't all that appealing. I just got CLN's like most others from vzw warranty center..like I said you may have to go through a few before you get one you're satisfied with though..ya just never know with them unfortunately.