Pictures not showing up in Gallery *solved*

Zetsumie

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
I'm running on an Oreo Note 8, and recently there was a Gallery update. After coming to this thread, I had tried most every suggestion, but nothing worked. I refuse to reformat my SD card since it's a 256gb card, and it's encrypted. The decryption alone takes hours, plus backing it up, formatting, copying everything back over, encrypting it again... That's an all day task.

There were several steps that I took, so I'm not sure if it was the combination of all the steps previously mentioned, but based off of the recent reviews on the Samsung Gallery app, odds are someone else will come across this thread like I did.

I used ES File Explorer to delete the .nomedia files on both, my SD card, and internal memory.

I went into Settings > Apps > Gallery > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Hit back on my navigation bar once > Hit the three dots on the top-right hand side of my screen > Uninstall Updates

Opened Galaxy Apps > Hit the three dots on the top-right hand side of my screen > Settings > Auto update apps > Turn Off

Reboot device.

Open FX Explorer > Media Card > DCIM > Camera > Hit the three dots on the top-right hand side of my screen > Rescan Media

And opened the Gallery app once the scan was complete. There wasn't a single step that worked alone, but ultimately, this did the trick. I hope this helps someone.

Fire777

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
I need help. My problem is under files all the pictures are there but when I go the the gallery app a lot of the pics are missing.

luridfox

Sep 25, 2020
Visit site
of all the tips and advice I found on how to fix this problem, yours is what did it! They were going to the right file, just were not being read correctly in the default scan. Thank you so much, you ended an hour's worth of my being very frustrated.

Danjjohnson2000

Jan 30, 2022
Visit site
OK, so I tried several of these on my daughter's S9 with no luck at all so I had another play with it myself...

A simple but effective fix in the end...

I went to "Samsung, my files, SD Card". Tapped on the 3 vertical dots, tapped on recycle bin. Bingo! Found what I was looking for...

Tapped on "DCIM" then hit restore (bottom left). Then had to tell it to rename as DCIM already existed on the phone.

No idea why the phone had sent DCIM to the recycle bin in the first place (potentially storage too full? She did get a warning message in gallery) but I also don't care. One happy daughter now has her photos back.

Hope this works for you. If not, could be in "Samsung, My files, Internal Storage, recycle bin". ������

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress