Stock Verizon Galaxy Nexus Kernel

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Could someone please post the stock kernel version? I bought a used phone and am trying to figure out what has been changed on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All depends too on which version of OS the phone is running currently, meaning if the previous owner allowed all the updates to be applied or not.

My thoughts on this if your worried about the phone being altered in any way from stock, you may want to look into the helpful guides we have here about restoring your device back to factory stock conditions or "flashing the stock images".

This would reset and clean the device of anything the previous owner did.

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
It is running the official 4. 1. 1 version . I'm trying to figure out which kernel should be with this version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any reason to speculate it's not the stock 4.1.1 kernel? Reboot the phone, when it says "Google" do you see a white unlocked lock at the bottom of the black screen? If not, you're locked and stock. Also, you could power down, hold both volume up and volume down and power to boot into the bootloader. On the bottom you will see in red text locked or unlocked. From there hit the power button to boot normally.Lastly, go into settings>about phone and post a screenshot (volume down and power at the same time). Factory images are always available below.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images