4.2.2 update makes phone shut off

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
So far three times since I got the 4.2.2 update the phone shut off and wouldn't turn back on until I pulled the battery. Anyone else having the issue? I am running stock and also have done a factory reset and have seen it again.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
After almost a week of using it the phone still shuts off. Its only happened 4 times now but still doing it. Is anyone else having this issue or am I the only lucky one?

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I too am having this issue with GNEX. If you notice though, it doesn't reset the clock's uptime: Settings > About > Status
At least not every time. (I just checked). Yesterday I had the phone reboot and I went under status and I noticed that it had been up for about 6+ hours. This morning as I was laying in bed I noticed that it rebooted again and this time it did reset the counter.

I have factory reset the phone. Once. I have removed the HD Widgets, that some claim might have been the issue. Obviously it is not. I have the phone running on pretty much stock with only a few apps installed.

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
And right after I pressed send on that update above, my phone rebooted again. It had just received an email and it was plugged into the power source. This morning so far it has rebooted about 3x while connected to the power source. I recently got some new batteries for it and I don't think it had rebooted at all while it had one of the new batteries but not plugged in.

Really hating this.