Turning Android Beam Off Fixed my 4.2.2 Bluetooth Problems

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I didn't realize that Android Beam uses bluetooth to transmit/receive. All I had to do to fix the 4.2.2 bluetooth problems on my GNex was to turn off the Android Beam.

Obviously there is some conflict there that needs to be addressed by Google in the next update, but for now, that fixed it for me.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
What specific bluetooth issues did this fix for you?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
What specific bluetooth issues did this fix for you?
I would lose my connection to my bluetooth device even when the phone was close to the bluetooth device. The phone would not connect to a paired BT device and I would have to unpair and re-pair the BT device to get it to connect.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I was hoping to solve the issue of not being able to use the sms functionality in my car. Amazing to me that running the most current version of Android, the bluetooth message access protocol is not supported. Thanks for your reply.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I was hoping to solve the issue of not being able to use the sms functionality in my car. Amazing to me that running the most current version of Android, the bluetooth message access protocol is not supported. Thanks for your reply.
It may solve that problem, idk because I don't have bluetooth in my car. Try it and see.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I did try. No such luck, unfortunately. When I rooted, and ran CM 10, it worked fine. But I think I'm part of the minority that prefers to run stock. Thanks again.

asheenlevrai

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I was hoping to solve the issue of not being able to use the sms functionality in my car.

I have a similar problem. My Galaxy nexus (4.2.2 JDQ39 takju) is paired to my car. Everything was working smoothly (there is no SMS functionality in my car, only calls & data). All of a sudden, placing calls stopped working (I can still receive calls or browse my contact list etc...).
I tried pairing another phone to my car and in this case placing calls still works. The problem thus comes from my GN...
I suspect this is due to an app I installed (maybe "forfone" or "tango" or the last version of "viber")... I tried uninstalling forfone but the problem remained... I didn't try uninstalling the other apps for now...
Thoughts?
Best,
-a-

Charles Livingston

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I didn't realize that Android Beam uses bluetooth to transmit/receive. All I had to do to fix the 4.2.2 bluetooth problems on my GNex was to turn off the Android Beam.

Obviously there is some conflict there that needs to be addressed by Google in the next update, but for now, that fixed it for me.

I had the same problems with my RAZR xt912 4.2.2 (AOKP_Spyder_JB-MR1_Milestone-2.) So I disabled Phase Beam and it started to work again!

zzzk

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Where do you turn it off on 4.2.2. I can't find it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty