Stop Android Auto from turning bluetooth back on S23 Ultra?

htcwon

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I use android auto and like it, but sometimes I want it turned off temporarily. The obvious solution is to turn off bluetooth but annoyingly it turns itself back on as soon as I turn it off. How do I stop this from happening? I've found suggestions for other android phones via google searches but the settings must be different on those phones than the s23 ultra as they aren't an option on mine. This bug happens on both of our cars even though they are different makes. (One doesn't have wireless AA so I use the motororla dongle which works great, but once I park the car and turn it off the dongle still tries to connect AA even though the car is off so I can't get any audio).

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
What exactly do you mean by turning off Android Auto? Can't you just choose when and when not to use it on your vehicle's display?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can try these 2 steps see which works
1. Settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>special access tap>find allow modify system settings>turn toggle off for AA

2. Settings>apps>AA tap>permission tap>turn of near by scanning

htcwon

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Can try these 2 steps see which works
1. Settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>special access tap>find allow modify system settings>turn toggle off for AA

2. Settings>apps>AA tap>permission tap>turn of near by scanning
Thanks Mustang7757, I had tried 1 in the past and it didn't work, but I'll try 2!

YankInDaSouth I don't think I can control this from the car. For example, if I want to add a stop in google maps AA won't let me do it because AA dumbs down apps so I might pull over and try to turn off bluetooth to do it on my phone (since the phone will tell me to do it on the car's screen when AA is running, but AA will turn back on preventing me from doing this so I have to not just stop, but turn the car off). A second case is in our other car I might want to listen to something on my phone while waiting for a kid at school in our other car. In that car I'm using the motorola dongle since it doesn't have wireless AA built in. When I turn the car off the sound system turns off, but the dongle stays on for some reason. Thus if I try to continue to listening to the podcast/book/song no matter what I do it won't play on the phone, but with the car off it won't play over its stereo either. If pressing the bluetooth off button would turn bluetooth off like it should that would solve the problem, but the phone decides it knows what I want better than I do. Hopefully nearby scanning will solve the problem! (My current solution is to unplug the dongle, but that seems like it might wear things out at some point).

By the way if anyone is reading this deciding if they want the phone I still think this is the best phone out there for me and like it better than any of the iphones or my old Pixel 6 Pro

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Mustang7757, I had tried 1 in the past and it didn't work, but I'll try 2!

YankInDaSouth I don't think I can control this from the car. For example, if I want to add a stop in google maps AA won't let me do it because AA dumbs down apps so I might pull over and try to turn off bluetooth to do it on my phone (since the phone will tell me to do it on the car's screen when AA is running, but AA will turn back on preventing me from doing this so I have to not just stop, but turn the car off). A second case is in our other car I might want to listen to something on my phone while waiting for a kid at school in our other car. In that car I'm using the motorola dongle since it doesn't have wireless AA built in. When I turn the car off the sound system turns off, but the dongle stays on for some reason. Thus if I try to continue to listening to the podcast/book/song no matter what I do it won't play on the phone, but with the car off it won't play over its stereo either. If pressing the bluetooth off button would turn bluetooth off like it should that would solve the problem, but the phone decides it knows what I want better than I do. Hopefully nearby scanning will solve the problem! (My current solution is to unplug the dongle, but that seems like it might wear things out at some point).

By the way if anyone is reading this deciding if they want the phone I still think this is the best phone out there for me and like it better than any of the iphones or my old Pixel 6 Pro

Ok let us know

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I use android auto and like it, but sometimes I want it turned off temporarily. The obvious solution is to turn off bluetooth but annoyingly it turns itself back on as soon as I turn it off. How do I stop this from happening? I've found suggestions for other android phones via google searches but the settings must be different on those phones than the s23 ultra as they aren't an option on mine. This bug happens on both of our cars even though they are different makes. (One doesn't have wireless AA so I use the motororla dongle which works great, but once I park the car and turn it off the dongle still tries to connect AA even though the car is off so I can't get any audio).
Just got a vehicle with AA capability. It's wireless AA also. My S23u got hot during use today while I was driving with AA on and music playing. Not using the phone otherwise. Is this normal? I've never used AA before and have never had my phone be so warm/hot.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just got a vehicle with AA capability. It's wireless AA also. My S23u got hot during use today while I was driving with AA on and music playing. Not using the phone otherwise. Is this normal? I've never used AA before and have never had my phone be so warm/hot.
Especially wireless it can get hot the longer it's connected

Reactions: jtfwTX