Galaxy Nexus Opinion Please!

Bballbenb

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys thinking of trading a friend for this phone, can anyone let me know if its worth getting still? Does it have the newest update or will it be getting it? what about future updates? whats the major issues in your mind with the phone?

Thanks

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys thinking of trading a friend for this phone, can anyone let me know if its worth getting still? Does it have the newest update or will it be getting it? what about future updates? whats the major issues in your mind with the phone?

Thanks

It is starting to show it's age, but mine is still going strong. On Verizon I strongly recommend not getting it if one of the appeals is updates unless you're willing to root and flash ports from the dev community. Verizon is very slow with the updates and I'm not sure I'd expect them to continue to update it going forward. If you're getting a good deal it can be a great phone, but the hardware does not compare to the 2013 devices if you're into spec sheets. I'd put it approximately equal to the DNA or Razr HD in terms of total experience; so above the Galaxy S3 but behind the S4, etc.

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
It's still a good phone, I think it's about the same age now as the iPhone 5 but let me tell you. The battery life sucks balls. I can't think of a nicer way of saying it. But it's a nice phone. It's thin and light with a very nice bright screen.

TylerLucas

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yup still using my GNex since it's release. I love this phone but come next week I'm buying an S4 (off contract.) Despite its flaws (poor radios) I still love this phone and I would be perfectly content using this phone for another year if I didn't have the money to buy an S4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Thanks

Would not spend much on one. Its a fine phone but past end of life and the 1gb memory is a huge limitation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
The gnex may be showing it age a little but its still the best phone on Verizon. Has no bloat and pure Google. I don't care what anyone else says.
Another not... Don't spend more than 100 on it.

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually I'll have one for sale for a good deal soon for the Verizon network. I still have some work to do for factories, etc. and to put it in the market place.

dankots

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
The 1Gig Ram is now a bit of a limiting factor.
I recommend waiting till 4.3 comes out, and if they put that on GNex, then this phone is a very good phone till at least the end of the year :)

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
The 1Gig Ram is now a bit of a limiting factor.
I recommend waiting till 4.3 comes out, and if they put that on GNex, then this phone is a very good phone till at least the end of the year :)

Listen to this guy. Wait at this point. A good phone but it is showing age. And the Motorola phones should have more details soon.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty