Am I able to use MultiWindow Complete Control V2?

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty new to all this root/flashing/etc and am a bit confused with the whole lingo around it. Don't know if I meet the requirements or how to go about meeting them. They are listed as "Requirements: A supported base, deodexed, CWM recovery". I'm rooted using the Exynos Abuse and have only really installed Titanium Backup and Root Explorer. I want to be able to find a way to decide what I can use in the MultiWindow and found this option over at XDA which looked pretty good. Can anyone help me out on what I need to do to be able to use it?

Here is the link to the xda post. Hope this is allowed.

[18 DEC][i605][VRALJB] MultiWindow Complete Control V2 *App Update* - xda-developers

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No simply being rooted will not be enough. You need to be on s deodexed rom. I would explain this is in detail why. But I need to put my son down for a nap. What you need to do is flash the second rom called stock deodexed found here http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2407830
[How to][VZW GNote2] Root/Rom via Odin w/video

Then you will be able to make this mod. After I put my son down ill come back and explain what deodexed is.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks alot DroidXcon! Also if you could explain the differences between running what I have (stock) and running the deodexed rom would be. Would I also have to set up my phone again? Theming, apps, etc.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks alot DroidXcon! Also if you could explain the differences between running what I have (stock) and running the deodexed rom would be. Would I also have to set up my phone again? Theming, apps, etc.

Yeah ill write it up in a bit. My baby fell asleep in my arms and I don't want to move. Yeah ill explain. .. And no you shouldn't have set Anything up again everything should stay the same. In the meantime you should use titanium backup and backup all apps and system data.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When you recieve your phone stock it is odexed, meaning that the system apps are split in two, an .apk file and .odex file. both are the same application just split in two.You can view this by going to the /system/app directory with a root file manager, you will see your apps(apk) with their odex counterparts;for example sms.apk and sms.odex. they do this so that booting is faster and it saves more space then having odexed files. When your phone boots it uses the odex files to anticipate the applications that it will be using so once the phone is on they are immediatly available, making your phone faster upon starting.

Deodexing is the process of taking the odex file and recombining it with its apk counterpart. This only slows the phone down upon initial booting since the phone does not know what apps are there it will act sluggish at first. as you use the apps it will create whats called a dalvik cache and the phone will become more responsive and quick as it is suppose to be and upon next booting it will have built up this dalvik cache so it will know what to do and what to anticipate.

Why is deodexing necessary? in order to modify an app it needs to be in one piece otherwise changes to an apk would be difficult since you would need to modify both apk and odex file piece by piece. By deodexing you can make modifications without difficulty (relative to your skill set). All custom roms are deodexed so that themeing to phone can be done, such as color layout, fonts , sizes can easily be made.

If you flash the stock rooted rom that i directed you to earlier, you should not lose any of your current data or settings since that rom same as your stock rom but the .apk and .odex files have been recombined.'

I hope this answer is clear enough

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Droid I was just reading this post And now I am wondering if my phone is deodexed by the simple 1 step root method that you posted. Would that work or do I have to unroot and then re root with the other method?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Droid I was just reading this post And now I am wondering if my phone is deodexed by the simple 1 step root method that you posted. Would that work or do I have to unroot and then re root with the other method?
The specific modification that is mentioned in this thread yes you need to be deodexed, which you are not. The modification you originally wanted puts all of the apps in the multiwindow bar. This application allows you to add and remove applications at will. If you would like to do this modification then yes you would simply need to flash the stock deodexed rom from this thread via odin http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...how-vzw-gnote2-root-rom-via-odin-w-video.html

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So I can stay as is and just have to deal with every app in my drawer in the multi window?? That would be terrible. OR, I can flash based on your link and then choose whatever-15 I want and then switch em up? Most importantly: I can go ahead with that Odin thread WHILE rooted via one step app?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I can stay as is and just have to deal with every app in my drawer in the multi window?? That would be terrible. OR, I can flash based on your link and then choose whatever-15 I want and then switch em up? Most importantly: I can go ahead with that Odin thread WHILE rooted via one step app?

Yes to all

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay. I think im okay with all the apps there because im quite frankly too worried to modify it more. Back to being cautious. Haha

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

allaboutnewphone

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
No simply being rooted will not be enough. You need to be on s deodexed rom. I would explain this is in detail why. But I need to put my son down for a nap. What you need to do is flash the second rom called stock deodexed found here http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2407830
[How to][VZW GNote2] Root/Rom via Odin w/video

Then you will be able to make this mod. After I put my son down ill come back and explain what deodexed is.

DroidXcon can you tell me how to get multiview mod on my phone? I can't understand the directions they have over at XDA. I need it broken down. Thanks. i am rooed with the deodexed.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon can you tell me how to get multiview mod on my phone? I can't understand the directions they have over at XDA. I need it broken down. Thanks. i am rooed with the deodexed.

Are you unlocked or just rooted and deoxed. if you are unlocked its easier. but i can do a write up if you are not. Ill get to it as soon as i can i have alot of other projects going on at once right now. i hope you dont mind.

allaboutnewphone

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I am just rooted and deoxed, I want to unlock but am scared I will mess up and brick my phone. but yes please do a write up on it and whenever you're ready, I'll wait. take your time, and thanks!

Are you unlocked or just rooted and deoxed. if you are unlocked its easier. but i can do a write up if you are not. Ill get to it as soon as i can i have alot of other projects going on at once right now. i hope you dont mind.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am just rooted and deoxed, I want to unlock but am scared I will mess up and brick my phone. but yes please do a write up on it and whenever you're ready, I'll wait. take your time, and thanks!

I'm almost done . Unfortunatly I can only find time to do these write ups between 3-5am but ill try to get it up asap

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty