[MOD] Add APN editor to System Settings

LaSheryl Adams1

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello...im using a verizon note 2 and rooted...did the following steps and only got the reset to default option when pressing the menu key...is this because im not running a custom rom??

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello...im using a verizon note 2 and rooted...did the following steps and only got the reset to default option when pressing the menu key...is this because im not running a custom rom??

I would double check to see if you made the correct edit to the file . Perhaps you didn't save the change

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

kidnice15

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.. I am using tmobile on my note 2, Just not sure what apn settings I should be using for the note 2. I googled it and found 2 different settings, one for a LTE device and one for not.

jengobengo

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I would double check to see if you made the correct edit to the file . Perhaps you didn't save the change

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

I am having the same issue of not seeing the option to add an APN after adding the script. At first I thought it was because I added the script at the bottom of build.prop (which put it where the Jelly Beans additions were since I'm using a Jelly Beans ROM). So then I removed it from that spot and wrote it in exactly where you do in the video. Even upon entering it there, saving and restarting, it still doesn't show the option to add APN when pressing menu.

I am currently in Turkey and have turned off my mobile data and roaming. I thought that may be another reason for it not working, but even upon opening up mobile data and global data roaming I still don't see it working.

Any advice would be appreciated!

jengobengo

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue of not seeing the option to add an APN after adding the script. At first I thought it was because I added the script at the bottom of build.prop (which put it where the Jelly Beans additions were since I'm using a Jelly Beans ROM). So then I removed it from that spot and wrote it in exactly where you do in the video. Even upon entering it there, saving and restarting, it still doesn't show the option to add APN when pressing menu.

I am currently in Turkey and have turned off my mobile data and roaming. I thought that may be another reason for it not working, but even upon opening up mobile data and global data roaming I still don't see it working.

Any advice would be appreciated!

So despite the above issue, i am able to use a Turkish sim card for data and calling, the APN automatically showed up upon sticking in the sim. I hope the VZW APNs pop up when I get back to the US and use my VZW sim :/

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

frank_cars

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The latest VZW update for Note II (4.1.2) allows for the adding/editing of APN's. When Jelly Bean came out originally it didn't work but VZW business told me it was a bug and would be fixed in the next build.

Got the 4.1.2 pushed out to me last night from Verizon and now my Samsung Note II is fixed so you don't need the hack anymore, nor do you need to root the phone to use overseas SIMs. The ADD (+ ADD NEW ACCESS POINT) menu item shows up automatically now.

I was also told by Verizon that LTE/4G phones from Verizon are not locked which makes sense. They are blocked though (message is something like "cannot be used on this carrier) from connecting to US carriers (even on an overseas SIM). However, once you go overseas, it will work now with the APN fix.

The fix for the ability to add/change the APN for Samsung S3 is in the works. No ETA yet :(

leonoe

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
The latest VZW update for Note II (4.1.2) allows for the adding/editing of APN's. When Jelly Bean came out originally it didn't work but VZW business told me it was a bug and would be fixed in the next build.

Got the 4.1.2 pushed out to me last night from Verizon and now my Samsung Note II is fixed so you don't need the hack anymore, nor do you need to root the phone to use overseas SIMs. The ADD (+ ADD NEW ACCESS POINT) menu item shows up automatically now.

I see the option to add the new APN with 4.1.2 but its grayed out... meaning that although its there, when I click it, it doesn't allow a new APN to be added. Am I missing something?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I will spend 2 months in Europe this summer. All the plane and train tickets have been booked for all 13 countries that I'll be visiting.

The countries are as follows. Number in (#) indicates the number of nights spent in this country
Listed in the order of arrival dates in each country.

UK (3) (arriving from the US)
France (3) - train
Germany (14) - train
Belgium (2) - air
Greece (3) - air
Switzerland (11) - air
Ireland (2) - air
Finland (2) - air
Sweden (7) - air
Spain (4) - air
Portugal (2) - train
Czech Republic (2) - air
Poland (2) - train
Germany (5) - train

What's the best prepaid SIM(voice AND data) for me? Will I have have to change the APN setting 13 times?(each time I enter a different country)

Thanks!

mdalcant

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Once one comes back to the states and wants to go back to Verizon network, how does he do that? I am going to Italy at the end of this week for three weeks and when I will be back I would like to be back with Verizon. Thank you, Mauro

sandy2402

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have implemented the Rooting of Samsung S3 Verizon and the APN fix has also been done. It is showing Edge data connection. The data is working but is very slow.
Does someone have any idea about LTE for T-Mobile ? It does not seem to pick 4G/LTE.

I tried using the above method for Verizon Galaxy S3 but it is no working. Please let me know if somebody has done it successfully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress