Note 2 *real talk*

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had my eyes on the N2 for some time now and as we roll closer to the release I start to wonder why I want it exactly. Well, I know why I want it but are these features realistic? Or more on the gimmicky side (no hate)? Multi-window feature is top notch but will I use it? Or will I be thinking of ways that I can use it so I can show it off? And I am currently on a gnarly S3 running Cm10 and it is rumored that developers are working on adding the multi-window feature to pure Google ROMs. That would be bananas because touchwiz is not the business (IMO). So then I'm like......my mind is blown.

Just thinking/typing/ranting or whatever. Chime in
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351575146320.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351575146320.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 338

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
For me, I want it because of the screen size and quad core processing power. Spec for spec the Note 2 is the most powerful smart phone available. I use my phone for the majority of my internet browsing and shopping and having a larger screen will greatly impact my ability to do so.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I add in buisness multitasking, JB , and s-pen features. Did someone mention baddest phone on the planet!

PS. I can either leave my N7 at home or sell it when I get my Note II.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Screen size for me. I do a lot of surfing, video streaming, and reading so it's perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

the devastator

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a jerk and want a giant phone. Also what everyone else said, screen size, speed, performance, s-pen. Mainly because it's something different, who else has a 5.5 inch phone/tablet with an s-pen and all that? it's crazy, i wanted the Note 1 but not enough to move to AT&T

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Im looking forward to the note 2 for screen size I watch a lot of movies and YouTube videos on my phone I hear the battery life is great and because I just have to have it : )

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I also am going for it because of it's size and processing power. Once I have it, I may even get rid of my rooted Nook Color. Time will tell.

etbooker

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a note 2 for a bunch if reasons including processing power as well as that beautiful rgb matrix technology display. Because in a couple of years the galaxy s3 will be left in the dust because of having "only" a dual core processor while the note 2 will still be going strong with its Exynos 4412 quad core processor so I would pick it over the VZW S3

Sent from my DROID4 using Android Central Forum

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
@ohleo

Im glad you're going to get it. You won't regret!

Similarly I thought the features of the Note2 will be more for show than of use, but the longer I have it the more I'm grateful for them. The S pen and S note are useful for quick notes. I haven't actually used them to write diary entries or making idea sketches (the templates on the S note page) but it has saved me from fumbling around for paper and a pen a couple of times. Being able to annotate screenshots and photos is also helpful, not to mention cool. :)

I use multitasking to browse on Chrome while waiting for YouTube videos to load or to tap messages while watching a movie without having to pause. I like Air View for previewing messages and emails without having to click them. And the handwriting recognition is dope. It even understands my cursive writing.

That plus the large screen and smooth performance makes this a truly amazing device. And I was planning to root this thing as soon as I got it but I'm postponing because touchwiz is actually usable on this thing. As long as I still have Google Now experience I'll be happy to keep the skin.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
For me I want the larger display (and it's higher resolution then my current device), the large replaceable battery, and hopefully a device that can maintain a data connection reliably, doesn't reboot itself without warning, or simply stop working (no texting, no voice, no data). The Thunderbolt I have will be regulated to simply being a music player as it is the only reliable function on it.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Multi-window feature is top notch but will I use it?

The large screen and this feature are what convinced me to switch from the iPhone. I love the idea of watching a movie while browsing the internet, or going through my RSS feeds. And if a couple of developers add support to their games? Nerdvana.

Having said that, I thought the S-Pen was a complete gimmick until I played with one for a while in a T-mobile store. Now I imagine I am going to use it a lot.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is a device i thought i would never want/use(over kill), but i played with one tonight and .......WOW
Great big screen (mind blowing), huge battery (reviews are awesome) and the power/ram to really multitask.

I wanna see this new HTC DNA, but right now I think I am sold.