Officially Shipped Thread

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Just received mine!!! Woohoo :p

But get this: I almost missed it, was in the shower and heard the dogs barking, ran to the door in a towel (dripping wet) and shouted to the driver who was just about to step back in the truck. He apologized, said he has terrible timing. LOL And I thought it wouldn't be until early afternoon and was trying to get the shower out of the way before it was delivered. One of those few times I'm thankful the dogs do their thing! :p

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just received mine!!! Woohoo :p

But get this: I almost missed it, was in the shower and heard the dogs barking, ran to the door in a towel (dripping wet) and shouted to the driver who was just about to step back in the truck. He apologized, said he has terrible timing. LOL And I thought it wouldn't be until early afternoon and was trying to get the shower out of the way before it was delivered. One of those few times I'm thankful the dogs do their thing! :p

Well, I refuse to shower until I get my phone, ha!

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
On the truck 8:50am - woo hoo! Now I wait (some more)!

And to those of you who just got your phone - give us your first impressions! (Photos not necessary - we know what it looks like!!!)

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
At 8:26 this morning it was out for delivery:) (its 9:15 in my neck of the woods). Do any of you know if they have to do more than one truck load a day? My nearest distribution center is like 20?25 miles from me and I'm trying to figure out if it will come by 12:30 or not.

Sent from my DROIDX (sold my GNex to buy the Galaxy Note II)

drum747

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Finally out for delivery! Now to be on alert! All media turned down. Check! Door open. Check! Running shoes on. Check!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
On the truck 8:50am - woo hoo! Now I wait (some more)!

And to those of you who just got your phone - give us your first impressions! (Photos not necessary - we know what it looks like!!!)

1. It's big. I can see where some folks think it's too big - I might fall into that camp eventually since I don't have the biggest hands in the world.
2. Display is game changing. Really great to read on.
3. Fast, responsive - between jelly bean and the hardware, there's no lag or stutter
4. Touchwiz blows - this is from a long time iPhone user. I would prefer stock Android or something much closer a la Motorola's current flavors. But there's been a learning curve for me. There's some stuff that I love about Android and some things that I miss from iOS (much more of the former, not so much of the latter).
5. I'm eating through battery pretty well. It is brand new, I've been talking and surfing on it nonstop practically :) Battery display says 60% of the use is display and I do have it cranked up to 100% sans auto brightness control. With a couple of charging cycles and less screen on time, then I can make a battery statement relevant to my use.
6. My first LTE phone - OMG, why did I not upgrade a year ago? VZW 3G CDMA sucks moose balls but good Lord their 4G network is a beast :)

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Finally out for delivery! Now to be on alert! All media turned down. Check! Door open. Check! Running shoes on. Check!

I laughed at your post because I am this obsessed too! What is it about a frickin' PHONE that has us this way??

I'm hoping this excitement doesn't die away after I've had it for a week or two!!

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
4. Touchwiz blows - this is from a long time iPhone user.)

Thanks for the detailed info!!

So, I'm coming from a long line of Motorola phones and I'm not sure where the overwhelming hatred for Touchwiz comes from. I hear it ALL the time, but not using TW before, maybe you can elaborate a little.

Thanks!!

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed info!!

So, I'm coming from a long line of Motorola phones and I'm not sure where the overwhelming hatred for Touchwiz comes from. I hear it ALL the time, but not using TW before, maybe you can elaborate a little.

Thanks!!

what should be stock android commands have been overwritten to samsung specific apps. example, long press on home button takes you to another menu where you can select task manager OR google or remove all. A double press does nothing. I'd rather have different mappings or be able to overwrite myself. S-voice is garbage anyway IMHO - google now much more useful. I would love to have the scroll through all the way around to home screens. The photo gallery is hokey - the circular display spiral is awful and the other display modes not much better. There are some contract UI issues that I just don't like either. A lot of little details but they do add up for me. Not a deal breaker though, I'll learn to work around them or just deal with it.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone WOULD be coming on trash day... All these trash trucks are tormenting me!!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX (sold my GNex to buy the Galaxy Note II)

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY ARRIVED after 7+ hours on the truck!!!! Now for activation and switching phones! GOOD LUCK to all that are waiting!

Please let me know how that goes. Seemingly Verizon says I cannot switch the phone because I will then lose unlimited.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274