Verizon removed some apps from the split screen multi-task bar? Can anyone confirm?

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I saw this thread on XDA and it looks like Verizon has removed some key apps from the multi-task bar (split window). Are YouTube, Twitter, and Chrome really not available here?

I won't get my Note until I get home from work this evening, but can anyone confirm what apps are actually available?

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yup! They did. I was going crazy last night trying to figure out how to edit multiscreen task bar. They are missing.

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read there is currently no way to add them. Bummer, but I imagine it won't be too long before we have root and have a way around this.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
What apps exactly did they remove? This is such a bummer, I thought Verizon stopped doing this crap when smartphones became the norm?

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Man, I am struggling with this now.... I'm sure the random reboot issue is probably just a small batch, but couple everything together.... I hate Verizon. I hate them so much. My phone should be here soon but I've got doubts and it hurts me deeply.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw this thread on XDA and it looks like Verizon has removed some key apps from the multi-task bar (split window). Are YouTube, Twitter, and Chrome really not available here?

I won't get my Note until I get home from work this evening, but can anyone confirm what apps are actually available?

Before you guys start blaming Verizon again, you might go back to the xda thread and read it again. The international Note II has the same missing apps.

Opticzar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This really sucks, this is one of my most-wanted features of this phone. I don't really want to root my device, but this makes it really tempting.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Before you guys start blaming Verizon again, you might go back to the xda thread and read it again. The international Note II has the same missing apps.

Where do you see that in the XDA thread? All kest874 said was "I have the international note 2 and it requires either modifying the framework, or a app that has been written. I'm sure the app can be ported once someone gets root." He doesn't say anything about which apps are included and which are not.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Verizon didn't remove those, even reviews on other versions don't support chrome and YouTube.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Where do you see that in the XDA thread? All kest874 said was "I have the international note 2 and it requires either modifying the framework, or a app that has been written. I'm sure the app can be ported once someone gets root." He doesn't say anything about which apps are included and which are not.

That is why I asked him to confirm it. But from his post that's what I read from it.
Humm. What did you get from it?

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
That is why I asked him to confirm it. But from his post that's what I read from it.
Humm. What did you get from it?

Just that you couldn't easily add apps to it. I didn't think he was making any comments about which apps were included.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Verizon didn't remove those, even reviews on other versions don't support chrome and YouTube.

Are you sure? I just went to the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 forum to get a list of apps, and came across this screen shot:

9a3ady3e.jpg

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought the topic creator was just referring to the apps not being on the multi task bar. I would assume you can still use youtube an chrome within the app drawer, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa