Bluetooth issues

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just tested my Command one, Blue Parrot B250-Xt+ and my Plantronics. M155 all with the same results. They all have to have media unchecked in order to use the voice reply on SwiftKey Flow Beta and the stock keyboard. I wonder if there is another setting somewhere. What model bluetooth is this working with?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Plantronics 903 Plus

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
This happens I messaging when I try to voice reply. It works fine everywhere else.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've done some research and it seems a few people are having the same issue . I have no idea why it happens to some and not to others. My workaround is to engage S-Voice by tapping my headset and ask it to ready my text message. After it reads it, you get a popup asking if you want to reply. Al you have to do is tap that and it will let you reply and send it with your voice. I'm sure someone will figure out why it isn't working fro some people eventually.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
There have been some other people having a separate issue and found out it was linked to "two step" authentication of their Google account. I'm wondering if somehow this is all somehow related.

William Audette

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
This Text to Speech Issue appears to be a known issue with 4.1.1 and sorry to say reportedly on 4.2.x so far. Sorry I don't have a reference handy to point to.

To test whether this is the issue you are experiencing when Text to speech via Bluetooth MIC Active fails to register in most apps even Google Search try activating A2dp, audio through the headset, by say playing a song, then click the app you were attempting to listen for your voice. The app will mute the sound but leave the MIC active like it is supposed to. If it wasn't registering your voice prior but now is, then congratz, your headset may work fine but you've found the bug and a potential work around for your issue.

More importantly once this issue occurs the work around is reproducible.

BTW, don't be surprised if the first time you try text to speech it works but subsequent times it doesn't. When this happens just play some music through the headset and text to speech will work as long as you have something going through it.

William...

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This Text to Speech Issue appears to be a known issue with 4.1.1 and sorry to say reportedly on 4.2.x so far. Sorry I don't have a reference handy to point to.

To test whether this is the issue you are experiencing when Text to speech via Bluetooth MIC Active fails to register in most apps even Google Search try activating A2dp, audio through the headset, by say playing a song, then click the app you were attempting to listen for your voice. The app will mute the sound but leave the MIC active like it is supposed to. If it wasn't registering your voice prior but now is, then congratz, your headset may work fine but you've found the bug and a potential work around for your issue.

More importantly once this issue occurs the work around is reproducible.

BTW, don't be surprised if the first time you try text to speech it works but subsequent times it doesn't. When this happens just play some music through the headset and text to speech will work as long as you have something going through it.

William...

I turn off media audio in the Bluetooth settings and this fixes the problem completely as I don't use the Bluetooth to play audio files. This is a bug in jellybean, but not on ice cream sandwich. Speech to txt works fine when disabling the audio media though.

Rick Turco

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
was this issue ever solved? I just switched to a Note 2 and have tried 3 different motorola buetooth headsets and all of them have poor audio quality on the other end. From what I am reading here it looks like it is NOT the phone. What if anything solves this problem??

AVWC

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I am a tech rep for Bluetooth and I have spoken with too many owners of the Note 2 with more issues than necessary!!
The connectivity via Bluetooth is horrible, the audio is either horrible or randomly blocked, and/or horrible feedback!
What we've found to be very helpful when these issues happen is to go to Settings > Application Manager > ALL (tab) > Bluetooth Share > Clear Data
Once you've cleared the data power cycle the phone.

Best is to clear both the phone and headset of the pairing, disable the Wi-Fi and the Mobile Networks THEN pair the headset.

REALLY HOPE THEY FIX THIS CRAP SOFTWARE!!!

Good Luck!

05crossfire

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I had no problems with Call Audio and Media Audio enabled.

The phone crashed (my fault) and had to reload everything.

Voice texting through the app would not work when Bluetooth Media Audio was enabled.
Disable Media Audio and it worked.

I checked and sure enough, my Google search app was updated to v. 2.2.9.542574.

I deleted the update and it went back to the factory Google Search version and the problem was fixed.
Its not the phone, its the Google junk updates!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I do not have media checked and I can use voice to text, however it is using the phone mic, not the BT mic. This is a real problem in the car with background noise. I keep my phone docked, so it's hard to pull it from the dock so that I can talk directly at the phone mic. Has anyone had any luck getting the BT mic to work?

It does work properly with S-voice, but that doesn't help with voice to text.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums