Yahoo Email Not Syncing

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have sync enabled on my yahoo email account, but it doesn't seem to sync (deleting from my phone doesn't delete them when I access my acct through my computer, and vice versa). Anyone else notice this? Gmail seems to sync just fine, it's only my yahoo email. I'm wonder if I switched to a 3rd party email app, that would fix this?

Last edited:

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have sync enabled on my yahoo email account, but it doesn't seem to sync (deleting from my phone doesn't delete them when I access my acct through my computer, and vice versa). Anyone else notice this? Gmail seems to sync just fine, it's only my yahoo email. I'm wonder if I switched to a 3rd party email app, that would fix this?

I had tons of trouble getting anything (except gmail) to sync. I went into the Vz store and the rep setup my accts manually which seemed to work just fine. You might want to try that instead of selecting the 'Yahoo' option to auto-set the acct.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I just manually set up myYahoo mail and it fixed the syncing problem and gave me my folders.

Hi, what do you mean by manually setting up? Aren't you still using stock email app?

Can you provide a step by step? Also when you open a message on your PC does it automatically show in the phone that is email is read?

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I just logged in to yahoo and all the emails I deleted where gone.

to set it up I did the following

settings
add account
email
others
then I used my normal log in. I can't remember if i used the @yahoo.com

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I just tried it, it seems this way, it synches email every 15 min. that's not as quick for me, but thanks I am going to stick with Yahoo Mail App from the Play store.

Vacendik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I had tons of trouble getting anything (except gmail) to sync. I went into the Vz store and the rep setup my accts manually which seemed to work just fine. You might want to try that instead of selecting the 'Yahoo' option to auto-set the acct.

This fixed me as well. Thanks a bunch for the advice.

klt813

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I recently switched from the Samsung Fascinate to the S3. I setup my yahoo mail using the stock email app manually (not checking the yahoo icon). I can see all my folders. However, not all folders seem to sync and bring in the emails I've saved. I have no problems with the inbox, sent, trash, etc. But with folders I created, some of the emails come in when I open a folder and some do not on other folders. The sync default is every 15 mins but I would think that the first time you open the folder it would do an initial sync. Any ideas?? Thanks

Hi, I'm still having problems with my Yahoo Personal folders syncing on my new Galaxy S3 running JB. I can see all my folders but they do not sync. The only emails I see in my personal folders are ones I moved there while accessing me email via the S3. Inbox, trash, and sent folders sync fine. However, on my Galaxy tab 7.0 plus running ICS I can see all emails in all folders regardless of whether I moved them while on my PC or the tablet or the phone. My Fascinate running ICS worked fine as well. Is this a JB Yahoo issue? I've called VZW and they tell me it is Yahoo. Can't get a live person to ask at Yahoo, Tried Samsung today and their "advanced technical rep" told me that the stock mail app is not designed to provide anything but the inbox and the fact that I see any personal folders on any device is more than I should see. Really?? Anyone have any ideas what the deal is?

Last edited by a moderator:

arundc

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Why is everyone setting up a separate account on their phones just to sync their Y! e-mails? I have it setup on my GMail so that it pulls the Y! e-mails at frequent intervals and marks them with a Y! Label. Those e-mails then sync along with GMail. This should save a little bit of battery juice, would it not? I stopped using my Y! e-mail years ago but occasionally get an e-mail or two.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I get Yahoo mail from 3 accounts with the stock app.
Must be a problem with your end.

No. the stock app doesn't work well, it doesn't show all the folders and some other features that I can't remember. but it does receive emails.
The Yahoo Mail App is 10 times better, maybe 20 times. S

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just an fyi for all of the features that you say the stock app lacks. When you set up your account select other instead of yahoo. For some reason all folders are listed and everything works smoother when you select other instead of yahoo.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Biatra Christou

May 7, 2013
Visit site
1) I have synced my Yahoo email account, however all my folders do not appear, how can I resolve this?

2) When I open or delete emails on my phone they are still all in my inbox when I log in online, can I sync to stop this?

3) How can I make the name of a contact appear when I get a text, but not the preview as well - is this all or nothing?

4) It is annoying every time I do something, get a text, download an image from an email etc etc there is a notification, I have to clear my notifications every 5 mins, can I disable this feature? To stop them all piling up when I pull down on the top of the screen?

5) I cant seem to take a screen shot with my hand wither, where do I enable this?

Thanks so much,

Biatra.

MIAMITECHNICIAN

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
PLEASE READ THIS!!! I KNOW THIS IS A OLD THREAD, BUT MIGHT HELP MANY.

I OPENED AN ACCOUNT HERE JUST TO POST HOW I FIXED THIS SUPER ANNOYING PROBLEM!!!

IT SEEMS THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YAHOO BY DEFAULT NOT HAVING SSL ENABLED.

PLEASE LOGIN TO YOUR YAHOO ACCOUNT AND CLICK ON THE "gear" on the top right, THAT GIVES YOU THE MENU AND CLICK ON
"mail options". CLICK ON THE "general" tab WHICH IT OPENS UP TO BY DEFAULT. SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM. YOU WILL SEE "turn on ssl" CHECK THE BOX TO THE RIGHT OF IT. ONCE YOU SELECT IT CLICK "ok" AND PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CLICK ON THE YELLOW "save" BUTTON TOWARDS THE TOP.

HOPES THIS HELP YOU SYNC YOUR YAHOO EMAIL ACCOUNT!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89